I have an allergic reaction to the above family of antibiotics. i was then prescribed Ofloxacin but that does not work. The cyclines are very effective.

Is there a suggestion for a different antibiotic?

It sounds as though you were infected with an antibiotic-resistant strain of bacteria. If the cyclines were so effective, you would have been cleared of the infection by now. I think your doctor is the best person to answer this question.

Sorry I need to clarify. The cyclines were effective in that there was an instant relief of the symptoms but I could only take on of the tablets as I would then experience swelling and blistering in my fingers. Therefore I could not even begin to take the reccomended doseage of antibiotics.

I need something without the cycline allergic reaction but with the same effects on the bug.

For now, there are over 100 different antibiotics that are available to doctors to cure minor discomforts as well as dangerous life-threatening infections. You mentioned doxycycline, that is used for malaria treatment. do you have malaria?

i've posted a review on different types of. Hope it will be useful for you.

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed