I am allergic on antibiotics, especially on penicillin. What are the alternatives to treat bacterial endocarditis for people allergic on penicillin? Thank you.

If you are able to take oral medications, amoxicillin is the preferred agent to prevent bacterial endocarditis after dental, oral, respiratory tract and esophageal procedures, but since you are allergic to penicillin, alternative antimicrobials include clindamycin cephalexin, cefadroxil, azithromycin and clarithromycin.

someone (benway) allergic to antibiotics (especially amoxicillin) asked for ALTERNATIVE treatments for bacterial endocarditis...and was only given a suggestion for other antibiotics (clindamycin, etc). My interpretation of the question is that this person wants to know a non-synthetic, holistic approach to dealing with bacterial endocarditis (not using pharmaceutical drugs). Where does one find such information?

I've had interstitial cystitis for decades, suffer from autoimmune diseases, and nearly died of anaphylaxis from Bactrim. But I am truly, totally, now allergic to ALL antibiotics. What is my condition called? How should I be treated for UTIs when there's no antibiotic I can safely take,??????