MARCH 2009
All THIS TIME I WAS ON THE DEPO PROVERA.
I STARTED TO FEEL ILL ON THE FRIDAY JUST BEFORE MOTHERS DAY, I KEPT COMING OVER ALL HOT AND DIZZY FOR A FEW DAYS BUT JUST DIDN'T THINK ANYTHING OF IT AND IT WENT AWAY ON THE SATURDAY, ON THE SUNDAY WAS FEELING FINE IN THE MORNING BUT NOTICED I WAS GETTING HEADACHE TOWARDS THE AFTERNOON, MET UP WITH MY FRIEND ROSY FOR A DRINK AND ALL OF A SUDDEN I HAD A PAIN IN MY HEAD, I WENT LIGHTHEADED, FELT WEAK AND CONFUSED BUT IT WENT VERY QUICKLY, THEN IN THE CAR ON THE WAY HOME I FELT LIKE I COULDNT SWALLOW PROPERLY AND STARTED FEELING ALL JITTERY.
DROVE STRAIGHT TO MY MUMS HOUSE TOLD HER HOW I FELT AND SHE PHONED THE EMERGENCY DOCTOR. WHILE AT MY MUMS I DEVELOPED VERY BAD PAINS IN MY RIGHT SIDE OF MY STOMACH AND COULDN'T CATCH MY BREATH PROPERLY.
GOT TO DOCS AND SHE THOUGHT IT HAD SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE GALL BLADDER FROM WHAT I EXPLAINED SO GAVE ME SOME PAIN KILLERS AND TOLD ME TO BOOK AN APPOINTMENT WITH MY GP, SO THE FOLLOWING DAY I DID BUT THE PAINS IN MY RIGHT SIDE HAD MOVED TO MY LEFT SIDE AND THE DOC EXAMINE MY STOMACH, BUT SAID I WOULD BE IN MUCH MORE PAIN IF IT WAS MY GALL BLADDER, HE SUGGESTED TO CARRY ON WITH THE PAINKILLERS WHICH I DID AND THE PAIN DID GO AWAY BUT FOR A WEEK I JUST DIDN'T FEEL RIGHT SO WENT BACK TO DOC HAD URINE SAMPLES DONE AND ALL FINE BUT WHEN HE TOOK MY TEMPERATURE HE SAID I HAD A FEVER AND MY TONSILS WERE SLIGHTY SWOLLEN SO I MUST HAVE AN INFECTION SOMEWHERE AND PUT ME ON ANTIBIOCTICS FOR A WEEK AND TOLD ME TO COME BACK IN A WEEK SO I DID, I FELT SLIGHTLY BETTER AND HE SAID MY FEVER HAD GONE BUT ORDERED SOME BLOOD TESTS COZ I WAS WAS URINATING QUITE FREQUENTLY AND JUST DIDNT FEEL LIKE ME AND SO TIRED ALL THE TIME. BLOOD TESTS CAME BACK ALL CLEAR, I NOTICED I WAS GETTING HEADACHES A LOT OF THE TIME, PRESSURE IN MY HEAD, PAIN AROUND MY EYES AND THE PAIN SPREAD INTO MY JAW AND MY WHOLE FACE ACHED AND THE PAINS IN MY STOMACH HAD COME BACK, THE DOC SAID THEY SOUND LIKE TENSION HEADACHES AND TO CARRY ON TAKING PAINKILLERS. I HAVE HAD DAILY HEADACHES FOR AROUND 4 MONTHS NOW THE DOC DID SAY IF I SEND YOU FOR AN MRI IT WILL COME BACK NORMAL AND TRY NOT TO WORRY ABOUT IT. I HAVE HAD AN EYE EXAMINATION AND MY EYES ARE COMPLETELY FINE. STILL NOT FEELING MYSELF I WENT BACK TO THE DOC WHO ASKED ME IF I HAVE EVER HAD ANXIETY/DEPRESSION BEFORE BUT I THOUGHT YEAH I DO FEEL A LITTLE DOWN BUT ONLY BECAUSE I HAVENT BEEN FEELING RIGHT AND HAVING SO MANY RANDOM SYMPTOMS, HE PRESCRIBED ME CITALOPRAM 20MG BUT I NEVER TOOK IT AS I WAS TOO SCARED SO WEEKS LATER STILL NOT FEELING MYSELF I WENT BACK, HE DONE A PHYSICAL EXAMINATION, BLOOD PRESSURE WAS FINE, TEMPERATURE WAS FINE AND TOOK MY PULSE, HE SAID THE ONLY ABNORNMAL THING WAS MY PULSE WHICH WAS 100 BPM SO HE SAID IT COULD BE DOWN TO ANXIETY AND HE ALSO ORDERED SOME BLOOD TESTS FOR THYRIOD, FULL BLOOD COUNT AND ANEMIA. THE BLOOD TESTS CAME BACK ALL CLEAR.
I WAS BEGINNING TO THINK WAS THE PILL INJECTION NOT ARGEEING WITH ME SO I DECIDED TO COME OFF OF IT ON JUNE 24TH FOR A WEEK I WAS STARTING TO FEEL A BIT BETTER IN MYSELF AND I FELT AS IF A WEIGHT HAD BEEN LIFTED OFF MY SHOULDERS BUT THEN AFTER TWO WEEKS I STARTED TO FEEL VERY DIZZY AGAIN, I THOUGHT I WAS GONNA PASS OUT, MY PULSE WAS RACING AND I WAS VISIBLY SHAKING, I HAD A NOSE BLEED AND I FELT AS IF I WAS GONNA DIE, IT TOOK ME A GOOD 45 MINUTES TO CALM DOWN AND I WAS LEFT WITH A VERY BAD HEADACHE AND PAIN IN MY JAW. THE NEXT DAY I WASNT RIGHT, STILL FEELING OFF BALANCE, I FEEL AS THOUGH IM FALLING WHEN IM AWAKE LIKE THE FEELING WHEN YOUR DRIFTING OFF TO SLEEP AND YOU FALL INTO A BLACK HOLE AND THIS SCARES THE HELL OUT OF ME, MY PULSE FEELS FAST ALL THE TIME, I GET CHEST PAINS, TINGLING IN MY HANDS MY HEADACHES ARE STILL PERSISTENT AND IM GETTING WORRIED NOW. DOC PRESCRIBED ME CITALOPRAM WHICH I HAVE DECIDED TO TAKE THIS TIME ONLY BEEN ON IT 4 DAYS BUT HAVE LOST MY APPETITE, I FEEL SICK ALL THE TIME AND REALLY DON'T SLEEP THAT WELL BUT HOPEFULLY THAT WILL PASS AND THEY WILL MAKE ME FEEL BETTER.

WOw, this is quite a timeline of what happened to you! Has the citalopram helped you out? Is it making you feel any other side effects? Hopefully it will work well for you because it sounds like you've been under a lot of stress. Let me know how you're doing okay?