i suffer from the exact thing!! for more than 17 years!! ,, it's caused by stress or any excitements!! well i think the best thing for you to do is to get a good treatment like steroids and some tricyclic antidepressant meditate!! and some antihistamine if none of these well help .. the bad part it will make you tired and sleepy all the time!! the end!! i wish if there is a magical treatment none so far!! it's Sounds hopeless ! doctors are idiots ,, i need to call them greedy money making experiments on us like guinea pigs!! I NEVER GOT TREATED!! please if there is any help i neeed it so bad!! thank you!

It is not your imagination, I get the same thing. I get them during presentations and speaking to people I don't know either, etc. I use Kat Von D Tattoo concealer. It is 25 dollars for a small tube, but I usually apply a little bit with 2 or 3 layers and use a setting powder so it looks natural. I try to wear a fashion scarf as well when I know I will be speaking. I am also looking into a brand called Dermablend and Tattoo Camo. I'm not sure if it will work for you, but it does cover up hives a TON if you put a powder or bronzer over it. I am very faired skin also so it shows extra worse on me. If it's not too hot I try to wear a long sleever shirt or loose long sleeved blouse so it mostly looks like my natural skin tone. The KatVon D and other lines look like they have plenty of different shades, but the more c**p I can wear the more comfortable I feel...just a thought if anyone wants to try for an event they know will come up, or in everyday use if it is that bad. Sometimes I do get stuck without it and get really red :( It's so embarassing I wish there was a real cure for it..

I get this too.Anything that raises my body temp.It sucks because I even get it when I notice a cop and don't want to get pulled over for no reason.Or when a construction worker looks through my window as I am in my car, at a stop.It's like, when I THINK someone is staring at me, I get it.I try not to think about that, I have a presentation today and I've been thinking about this for weeks and so nervous about it.I'm not going to go to it... Many of these are big part of my grade, but I try to get the highest grade possible and just never do these things. So I go from an A to a B or... C..

The worst was when I was walking with my dad to WalGreens and I felt that everyone in the cars were staring at me. My whole body was red, fiery burning itch all over and I couldnt' stop it. Only help was to get out of the situation. But it was a long walk and no one understood. I pretty much hid it from everyone as it is pretty embarrassing to me.

I avoid the situation and I do not get it as much.Though, I generally get it during the time it is cold. As my body temp is lower than during the summer or hot time, and the increase in body temp from being "embarrassed"? or whatever triggers it..Also, if I do NOT think about it, it seems to not happen.I also get it while I am playing an online game and I am the last one left and there is many enemies left or just one. I know people are spectating me and I get it during that time...

This problem just started recently for me. I have been dealing with post traumatic stress disorder for years and havea manic depressed disorder. These hives are a new symptom that came along with breathing problems. I refuse antidepressant because of side effects they generate cause more depression. My er doctor gave me a combination of singulair, Benadryl and steroid. Worked pretty good

Stress can affect your body in many ways. Stress can affect your organs including the largest organ which is the skin. Skin reaction to anxiety is usually less common, but not rare. It depends on the health of the skin. Rash can result from anxiety. Depending on the level of anxiety, rashes may manifest more on others than the rest. It is not anxiety that causes the rashes but the stress itself cause by the anxiety. Stress place the body in a condition of being in an extreme tension, and releases a great deal of adrenalin and cortisol in the blood stream. Both of which are known to lead to skin response. Stress may also make the skin more sensitive, that things may not normally cause you to have a skin reaction to lotions and sunscreens, etc. and would create one on the skin.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

I am tying to come to terms with this. It is so awful and restrictive. I am 20 years old and have been suffering from this for over 4 years. It was a gradual process, but I find myself struggling with it so much, as it is effecting me on a daily basis. I was severely bullied from a small child until I left to go to university about 2 years ago. It's hard to put it into  words, and even though I feel stronger than ever, I now suffer from panic attacks, social anxiety and some sort of trauma after everything.. It really was brutal. So now I have this heat rash thing which has now resulted in health anxiety (fear of heart attack etc). It's a nightmare. I get it in lectures, doing presentations (which I can't do!), simply feeling too hot, anxious, self conscious, or during a panic attack. It feels like my fight or flight is out of control and it forces me to have to cover up in social situations until the heat rash has gone (which happens when I start too relax). It almost feels like I have too much heat in my body, and too much adrenaline/fear. I am trying accupunture on Saturday which I'm feeling really excited about, but off to the doctor tomorrow to demand some strong anti histamines as its starting to ruin my life. I know you understand me when I say this, it puts a downer on everything. Like, I went to Ibiza and people thought I had burnt legs, but it was the heat rash which was caused by how self concious I felt, even tthough I am happy with the way I look.... it's something within myself which I am unhappy with, that I must work through. I have a CBT assessment booked soon, so will ask to be assessed for complex PTSD as I feel this could explain alot. I have a twin sister who is at a seperate uni, and we are both going through the same. It proves it's anxiety in a way. I hope you all get through this. I know it can seem like there is no way of being cured, but I refuse to take anti depressants for now. It may work for some people, but I want to get to the root of the problem. Goodluck everyone :) try and think positively xxx

MEEEE TOOOOOOOOO! Oh my gosh. I'm not the only one in this universe. It's horrible in the winter because my complexion is lighter and the hives get brighter. It's something you just have to learn to control emotionally. Being confident and comfortable. Sometimes it's really impossible and you just have to own it and people will get used to it. Man. Don't let it stop you from living life and doing things. Let it remind you that you're doing things that are out of your comfort zone. Living with passion!!

Yes I get hives in extreme stress. Mainly at work. What's worse while I'm stressed I also scratch them. I have been feeling such a fail and a weakling but I am glad to find out other people have this response as well.

This happens to me me spontaneously when I have shrimp. Happened last night. I broke out into hives on my fave lip arm neck and back. I took benedryl ( antihistamines) and they were gone about 2-3 hours later, entirely. Today though I feel like I have anxiety. Anyone else get that feeling?

I stumbled across this today after dealing with this problem for over 20 years.  It started when I was 18.  It is brought on by stress or anxiety and once it starts there's usually no stopping it and it has to run its course.  I know when it's going to start because I get a mosquito bite bump on my eye lid usually or under my eye.  It tingles and itches and within a matter of 15-20 minutes both of my eyes will be swollen shut.  Unfortunately it takes a day or two for all of the swelling to go down.  I have no control over when it happens and I've only had several incidents where I felt it coming on and removed myself from whatever I was doing , took something to relax and went to bed.  I've  also had incidents where my throat starts to itch in the back and I start coughing and it's hard to breath.  very scary.  I have also had incidents where my nose goes numb and swells up to twice its size or half of my lips swells up.  I look like a monster in all of these scenario. I've been to the ER countless times thinking it's an alergic reaction only for them to give me adrenaline shots and nothing happens.  It's caused strictly by stress.  At times I'm handling a lot, but just don't realize how much until this happens.  I guess it's my bodies way of telling me to slow down and take care of myself.  

The same thing happens to me all the time at least 3 times a week it's weird because the smallest amount of anxiety will cause a break out of hives. It's so embarrassing and I'm worried it's something hormonal.. It's also happened when I'm in a really stressful situation or if I laugh really hard, cry, if I'm angry. Or if I get scared. I don't have like social anxiety.. The only thing that helps me is to take a shower.. And this hasn't ever been like a weekly thing until now. I'd have to say I've had a really tough emotional past year but it's not affecting my day to day happiness you could say.. So I really don't know what it could be. All I know is its super uncomfortable, weird, and I want it to stop.

I also use to suffer from itchy outbreaks of hives and they beganwith an area itching then the hives would appear and the area would swell and become very inflamed and itch badly. Several time i would have my face swell up so bad I had to leave work or not go to work if I woke up with a swollen face. It was terrrible and I saw a number of doctors who ran all kinds of test on me and had no solution. I was very frustrated and that made it worse. Finally I learned how to control my stress and anixity and gradulally the condition began to become less frequent. I have been retired now for 5 years and I no longer have to work so I no longer have this condition. Teach yourself to not let daily stress stress you out. There is no real cure except leaning how to control your anixity and stress. Good luck to everyone who suffer with this condition.

I started getting them when going through divorce court proceedings that lasted 3 years. On my jaw line, arm and trunk, front and back just in small areas.that was "95-98" and still when stressed out badly I break out. I use bacitracin then hydrocortisone cream afew hours later for as long as needed. I also wash it with soap &water between apps.

Take Zantac 75mg once in the morning and once at night regularly for a few months. I bet the hive problem caused by stress will disappear. Zantac is an H2 receptor (a type of antihistamine), is a very tolerable drug and is purchased over the counter.

im 28 and have dealt with this for as long as i can remember. i feel the same way you do... and the turtle necks... ughh me too. sometimes its the simplest things like talking to a neighbor about the weather. its very life-hindering. im lost too :( matter of fact today i had a chiro apt. today and spent the whole time embarrassed/teary-eyed because of it.