I am suffering from anxiety, it is not diagnosed yet, I didn't talk to my doctor or anything, but I looked up the symptoms of anxiety and compared these to the symptoms that I'm having and I am certain that I am having anxiety. Now, I have this strange feeling, I feel spaced out sometimes or it just feels like I'm inside of a dream, like nothing is real, it is like I lost the ability to differ dreams from reality and it is really scaring me. Is this also connected to my anxiety, or might it be something else?

This happened to my cousin when he was suffering from anxiety. He used to tell me how he was going crazy and how he doesn't differ real life from dreams anymore. I told him that this is kind of normal for people who are suffering from anxiety but he didn't believe me. Then I took him to the doctor at one occasion and the doctor told him that this is indeed normal and that he has nothing to worry about. He believed the doc, and he eventually got over his anxiety, after half a year of talking to a psychologist twice a week.

It is not normal if you really can't differ waking life from real life, that is nowhere near normal, there has to be something really wrong with you if this is happening. It is normal to have episodes of this when you are suffering from anxiety, and these episodes last for a couple of seconds or minutes and that's it, but not for longer, if it happens for longer than that, then I tell you, there is something really wrong and you should see what it is as soon as you can. I wouldn't play with these kind of things, guys.

No, it's not all the time, it just happens sometimes and doesn't last for longer than what you have mentioned. At least now I know that this is just a symptom of anxiety, you guys just made my life a lot easier so thank you for that.

On the other hand, is there anything that I could do in order to stop these episodes from occurring? Are there like, any kind of medications or teas or such which would be able to help me out? If yes, I would very much appreciate it if you would share it with me because I am willing to try it.

Hm, I really don't know what other people think about this issue, but I do know that, if you ask me, it is not normal to lose touch with the reality, believing that everything around you is a dream or that you are in some kind of the dream. 

I mean, I am diagnosed (but really diagnosed) with anxiety and I never had something like that. I can see that some of you do believe that this is possible, but I already have a lot of experience with it and I repeat again, it has never happened to me.

Are you sure that anxiety is your problem? 

Everyone has different experience with anxiety disorder, and you of all in here, mrs Sick and Tired should know that, because as you said to us, you are dealing with anxiety for too long. I am diagnosed with anxiety as well and sometimes I do feel like I am in real dream. Of course, it is over soon but it happens to me. I was talking with my doctor about this issue, because I was scared about this whole situation, and he told me that people do accept anxiety in different ways and that this is pretty much normal and that it can happen. So, this is also a kind of anxiety disorder.

Couldn't agree more that this is very unusual type of anxiety disorder, but it is possible. Anxiety can make you feel weird and like you are out of space. There are a several reasons for it. One of them is that you are scared, and that is normal in this condition. Well, in this case your body is preparing you for some kind of action. There are a couple of things that you can do to avoid it. For example, exercise is really great for stopping you from feeling the physical effects of anxiety so much , because if your heart is strong and doesn't mind beating a bit faster for a while, plus the exercise is calming and it is definitely going to help you. So whenever you feel weird about this, do that.