I am a 59 year old female who over the past month has had the feeling of constantly needing to burp to let air pressure out of my chest.  When I take long walks at a quick pace (not running) I feel like I'm having a heart attack, light headed and trouble breathing.  It subsides at rest.  Sometimes it will happen at rest.

I went to my GP, he listened to my heart, my neck, my back and sending me for a stress test tomorrow.  He felt that it was not my heart but wanted to be safe than sorry.  If it is that I'm scared, and if it is not that I am scared!!!!  Has anyone else had these symptoms?

Hello CAli,

This may be belated but wondering how your stress test came out.  Quite often when we need to burp alot it can be due to swallowing a lot of air.  This can be due to sinus problems and post-nasal drip, to dry mouth, to anxiety.  For whatever reason it can become very uncomfortable and quite often people don't know what to do about it.  It really doesn't sound like you're haveing heart problems but rather anxiety as you suggest.  Anxiety is a real problem and needs to be addresssed.  I'd like to hear about your stress test and how you have delt with the results over time.