for the last 3 years or so i have been getting what i thought were heart attack sysmptoms. went to the hospital twice and even had a couple check-ups about my heart including a whole work-up on the treadmill, ekg, stress-test whatever it's called. everything comes out normal. ekg is as far as i went with blood tests and your typical E.R. care when you claim you feel like your having a heart attack. that's all fine and dandy, i have anxiety, so do a bunch of other people. but the last 3 or 4 months i have been getting these feelings in the center of my chest that i can describe as a wave of pressure. or it feels like i all of a sudden lost pressure. lasts a couple seconds, but it is scary. to top it off, about 2 days ago i had that feeling again and it was very strong. later that night i was sitting on the couch and i had that feeling with a sharp pain in the center of the chest. i can't describe the pain except that if it lasted more than the 1/2 second it did, it would have dropped me to the ground. right after i was worried and started sweating, thought about calling an ambulance, but didn't. i guess we can write this off to anxiety, but it seems to be getting worse. chest pains and pressure blitzes seem to be happening more frequently. does this sound normal for anxiety? i get all the other sensations as well, headaches, tingling on scalp, yawn attacks, you name it. i smoke a pack a day also. by the way, this can happen at any time, walking, running, at rest, sleeping. i also take suboxone for crumbling discs in lower back.

I've had the same thing happen to me almost everyday for 2 weeks now. I've been worried to death about it. I went to the doctor about a month ago and they said that there was absolutely nothing wrong with me and that it was probably anxiety. But it feels like its just getting worse. If you find out anything about it please let me know.

Hello my friend,

First of all pleasure to meet u and consider yourself at home in here . I found out this forum pretty well informative were a lot of anxieties sufferers like us could share their experieneces and not keep them inside themseves.

Im an anxiety sufferer so welcome to the club. My symptoms are different and this is why anxiety is not the same for every person . I sometimes feel dizzy , have floaters in my vision , my stools are loose a lot of time. Sometimes I feel this sharp pain which you mentioned in your post . It feels like a vein is going to burst up . I know how it feels mate. But dont worry youre not going to die . Besides that we are a living thing . Do u know how many blood vessels and oxygen is carried out throughout our body man!!!!

I mean you have to feel something strange sometimes that with anxiety we make it something bigger like were going to die or having a heart attack. Do u know how extroadinary our human body is working every single second keeping us alive and strong day after day!!!

So do not a lot my friend . Im excepting it when it happens to me . I say let it come it just anxiety nothing alarming and by time you will get comtrol over your body!!! Do not thing the worse because its much more worse . The more you panic , the more symptoms of anxiety will control your body . Believe me mate it happened to me and I know how it feels like!!!

Best regards and take care of yourself

Gil from Malta