I have been dealing with anxiety due to ptsd. Some times when I feel like I am going to have an attack I tap my teeth together. I do not do this on purpose and have a hard time stopping it. Has any one delt with this problem?  

Various forms of teeth related problems are in fact appreciated with both anxiety and PTSD, from grinding teeth (in sleep or awake), to clenching jaws and jaw muscles. It's the build-up tension and the dark situation that, with the help of anxiety, your body starts to react trying to get those feelings out one way or the other. So, it's not some conscious act that you can have direct effect over (except from monitoring your teeth because overuse of any of them can lead to damage), but you will have to go back to the roots of anxiety and all these other feelings and deal with them, also.

nikols,

Thank you for the insight on what I too think is going on with the teeth tapping. I am going to see a mental health doctor today and hopefully start to work on some of the issues that are feeding into my anxiety and teeth tapping.

Thank you for your reply!

You're welcome, 
I hope you will find a good doc who will be able to give you the right answers. It probably won't go away quickly, but starting some kind of treatment obviously is the only chance. Wish you the best!