For about a week now, I have been feeling quite out of it. It is somewhat hard to explain. Last Saturday, I experience a feeling of lightheaded-ness that subsided within a couple of hours. This feeling again returned on monday. Since monday I have been having various feelings of lightheaded ness and sometimes it has progressed to a dizziness and nausea. I just went to the dentist to have my wisdom teeth checked, as I was feeling some pressure around my jaw. He said that the teeth (two on the bottom) definitely need to come out soon. (They will be removed next friday). I asked him about the dizziness, and he said that dizziness often accompanies impacted wisdom teeth, sometimes without direct reason. I was wondering if I should be thinking that this is something more serious, or to just trust my dentist. This feeling has been getting in the way all week, (i.e. distracting from work and regular everyday tasks).

Thanks

Hello, good to find topics like this, I'm having the same problem with my wisdom teeth, except that I'm not having nausea at all.
It's just a headache and dizziness, sometimes lightheaded. but it's becoming really bothering. A big bag of ice over my head seems to help with the headache because tylenol or pain pills are not having effect. thanks again!

I know this question is probably resolved now but for anyone else coming across this whilst searching the topic, I am due to have my impacted wisdom teeth out also (both tops and bottoms) and have steadily been getting worse dizziness, head aches, earaches, nausea and sore adrenal glands (at least I think that's what's sore!) and I certainly feel a bit anxious with it all. I was convinced I was just nervous about it but it's quite bad now and I don't feel THAT anxious which is what made me do a search online to see if it was more common than I thought.

i am so happy to see that im not alone in this and its made me feel a lil more relaxed now. i have two impacted wisdoms and i will be getting them out asap. the dizziness, and headaches, and nausea have been ridiculous and it just has to stop. I was wondering could all of these symptoms be coming from these wisdoms or could it be something more serious. the first step is to get them taking out. good luck and feel better guys. ;-)

I was just wondering if you could let me know if your symptoms got better after you got your wisdom teeth out? I've been having similar symptoms and am getting my wisdom teeth out in 6 days and am hoping these problems will go away

for the last few weeks i have been having feelings like the ones you describe: jaw tension, slight anxiety and in the past week ive started to feel where my wisdom teeth are starting to erupt as well as jaw pressure/ pain. And in addition to having not slept well the past two nights partly from grinding my teeth, i have been nauseous all day today. I have also been having very "out of it" experiences, just like a lack of being present or a dissonance with things and people. Don't know if thats related. I have been abstaining from all substances including caffeine for the past three days and the tension has not gone away. I have not gone to see a doctor about this either

I am experiencing similar problems. I have had impacted wisdom teeth (only the bottom pair) for about 2 years. They have only been left in due to financial reasons and the mere fact that they cause me nooo discomfort. However a series of new problems have begun that I’m curious whether or not they are related to my wisdom teeth.

Both have pushed through, the left almost completely, while the right is horribly trapped beneath the tooth in front of it.

I’ve had dizzy spells and sensitivity to light since I was about 22, which is right after the wisdom teeth began to emerge. I've visited the doctor on many occasions trying to find a cause of this dizziness, but they have been unable to find anything.

Then, over the last 2 weeks I have been stricken with unbearable nausea. I am eating maybe a half a sandwich a day, waking up to vomit 2 or 3 times, and continuing to feel nauseous throughout the entire day.

Also, I have suffered from panic attacks since I was about 21, I have always considered them to be unrelated because other family members of mine suffer from the as well, but now I’m beginning to think they are related.

Also, at the same time the nausea began so did sleepless nights. Every morning about 2 hours before my alarm goes off I awake feeling like someone has just startled me, but there is no explainable reason as to why, and the feeling last for about an hour or two.

It's hard to say from the above symptoms what is and what isn't related, but it's comforting to see that others have experienced these symptoms and that there is a possibility that they are all related to one issue.

If anyone is able to offer my any advice with handling this issue it would be greatly appreciated, ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use

. Thank you in advance to anyone who can shed light on this situation!

Thank god I'm not the only one. I've been so nervous about these symptoms but it's relieving to know that other people experience the same things too. I just started antibiotics to help clear up the infection but I think my painkillers are making me more nauseous. I've also had a low-grade fever for the past three days, but it's really the dizziness that makes me the most uncomfortable. I'm hoping the antibiotics will keep me at bay until I can get these awful teeth removed.

Wuhoo!  I've been having the same problem for about a week now.  I'm so happy to find out it could be because of my wisdom teeth (I think I may also have a bit of a compressed TMJ due to my jaw clicking when I open it too far).  Mine aren't in, but all four of them are pushing in at the same time.  White gums in the back to prove it.  Considering the symptoms, it easily could have been something much more severe.  The lightheadedness was what was scaring me the most.  I know it's not a clear-cut diagnosis, but I feel strongly that this is the cause after reading everything posted here.  So, thank you for taking high blood pressure due to anxiety off my list. :)

Mark

I have many similar symptoms and definitely impacted wisdom teeth on the bottom (I can see them), not yet sure about the top - am visiting the maxillofacial clinic shortly to find out.  What I am wondering is has anyone who has had their teeth removed gained relief from their symptoms?

Thanks

I have a ongoing problem with my upper wisdom teeth. Firstly, their broken and have started to give an ordor. secondly.i have been getting dizziness along with nausea. Is the two newly discovered symtoms part of the wisdom teeth? Also my bloodpressure has risen. Last checked, which was today read 179/79 and heart rate of 59?

I would think the unwell feeling u are experiencing is due to the infection in your wisdom teeth. If ur lower 8s were broken and decay the may have abscess in the roots or pericornitise in the case of infection in the gum. People often feel unwell with oral infection as the body is fighting the infection x if this is the case it will b gone after your extraction good luck x

Does wisdom teeth make any life threathening or has anything to do with the heart?

I have every exact symptom, and everything started when I was 21, I'm 22 now. I have dizzy spells, feel fatigued, and my jaw cracks a whole lot. I just just got my appointment to the dentist to get two bottom impacted wisdom teeth removed, so hopefully that solves my sleepless nights, and all my anxiety problems as well. I can't believe I been putting up with this for so damn long. I started thinking I had a Thyroid or sleep apnea, but regardless doctors always told me I was fine. One more month until my appointment, and I can freaking wait! I feel like taking out these suckers myself with pliers, lol

Don't worry i'm having the same symptoms, today i have an appointment to remove my 2 wisdom teeth.. ill let u know if my dizziness will go away hopefully !