I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed 5 days ago. I started suffering this horrible pain along my jaw line especially around the joint area. The pain also extend to my inner ear and teeth. Not able to swollow the precribed medicine because it causes me to vomit, I swollowed 4- 200 mg Ibruprofen but still have no pain relief. Please, tell me what I can do to experience some pain relief. Last, I must say that I can hear a grinding sound that occurs somewhere in jaw area as I turn my head from left to right or vice versa. Help please
Cancel

Hello. Here is what you should do when you have this constant wisdom tooth pain. Well, my advice for you is not to do anything alone, you really need to call the doctor who actually did this procedure and you have to see him right away. Most likely it is a dry socket but it could be an infection and that would not be nice. Even if dry sockets can be healed by themselves after one week, that is true,  but a proper antibiotic prescribed by your doctor can be placed to help with the pain. So, that is what you need to do - go to see him and tell him everything. I hope that this is not infected.