hello!
My son is 4 years old and grinds teeth at night … and this sound awful, I am afraid he is going to break a tooth… what can I do?

Hmmm… there is little to be done. I have the same problem and, yes, I broke a tooth once. I bought my self splintek. This is a “device” which you put in your mouth at night and when grinding teeth, you actually grind your splintek, which is made form gum…this prevents you to break a tooth and some other things. For example, my neck was very uptight and I my back was stuck, as a consequence of teeth grinding.
But I really do not know if they produce this device for 4 year olds.
Regards!

Hi there,
The condition when your child grinds his teeth in the night is called bruxism. This is not a rare condition and it can happen to many young children. But not only children suffer from it, adults have this problem as well. The thing is that they are not aware that they are grinding their teeth in the night. The only thing that they can notice is the discomfort in the morning when they weak up. You could try to take your child to therapy which in some cases can be very helpful. I know that some have tried to cure this with chewing ice, but your son is too young for this.

Best wishes,
Marco