I am considering this as an alternative to traditional neuroma surgery. how successful is this technique?

I had considered cryo surgery but the Dr I saw last week recommented Ligament release first. Can anyone attest to the outcome of this procedure?

Don't Get it. I had my surgery 11 mts ago and I am worse off. I can't even stand for more than 10min!
I looking into an alternative treatment called prolotherapy.

Read and research as much as you can about alternative treatments (acupuncture, physical therapy, supplements and even minimalist/barefoot walking)

Having a doctor cut you open should be the VERY VERY VERY last resort.

I have had "prolotherapy" or "injection therapy" and it did nothing at all except make me scream in agony!.

I went on to have surgery (a ligament release) which helped for around 6 months but back to square one again. Indulged in the expensive custom made insoles which made matters worse and I'm now looking at Mortons Toe remedy of support under the first metatarsal head and I seem to be having some positive results from that as long as I place additional support under the fifth metatarsal head as well.

How many treatments of prolotherapy did you receive?
Also, what other treatments have you had prior to this?

I have been in contact with a doctor in my area but I 'm still not convinced it will help me. I've been injected soooo many times and I'm not sold on the idea of causing inflammation to an already inflammed area, especially if it could make the situation worse than it is.

I had neuroma release surgery about 2 years ago after having 6 alcohol injections, wearing footpads, wide toebox sneakers, switching to flats from heels, etc.  As I was training for a 1/2 marathon, I started getting cortisone injections to get me through...they were FANTASTIC but short lasting.  ultimately, as I didn't want to have a long recovery i went with the release surgery.  The pain is definitely better, I will say that.  HOWEVER, it is still there, plus my 3rd and 4th toes are numb and tingly on a constant basis and since the surgery I have been having ankle instability issues that have let to posterior tendonitis, calf strain, pain through my sciatic nerve, etc.  My biomechanics are all off as I have been trying to overcompensate for the lost stability due to cutting the metatarsal tendon.  I've had accupuncture since then, which helped a bit.  Honestly, I don't know what I'd suggest as relief, I simply wanted to let you know about my experience and hopefully you can use it to make an informed decision.

Good luck.

curious how you are doing now? I noticed the date of 4/11. It's almost 4 years later. I'm having similar issues; foot pads, wide toe boxes, cortisone injections. Doctor is talking about doing the ligament release. I'm skeptical after reading the posts here. I also have had issues with posterior tibial tendonitis but I had that before the issues with my neuroma. Let me know if any one has any good news!