Hi there,

I have been taling diazepam 5mg orally for the past 15 nights tohelp me relax and sleep well as my aniexty is severe at night. also for the past 11 days i have been taking 1omg of citalopram in the morning. However my doctor has been hesitant to prescribe me more diazepam, but instaed given me a drug called zopiclone to help me sleep. im worried it wont work aswell as the diazepam and this is starting to worry me, i have to start the new drug tonight. also i was told that i shouldnt just stop taking the diazepam - i should be weaned off of it. im unsure. please help. has anyone used zopiclone before. does it work. im getting panicky that i wont get a good nights sleep like i do with the diazepam -thus making my anxiety worse.

so too add- i took my last 5mg of diazepam thursday 16th, i despaerately feel withdrawal symptoms. its killing and making my anxiety worse. first two nights i took 3.75mg of the zopiclone - didnt work, woke upseveral times anxious. last night my boyfriend made me double my doseof zopiclone to 7.5mg. this worked with the sleeping but i have had a terrible headache since and upset stomach, with the anxiety feeling a 100 times worse. is it possible to me addicted to diazepam after only taking for 15 days.

I am on the same boat as you, I have been battling anxiety and panic attacks since I was about 14, so almost 10 years! Sometimes I think it would be best to just give up and die but I know its not the correct answer. It has been almost a month since my last panic attack and I used to have them almost every day! 

There are a few exercises you can use to help control the panic and anxiety, they have helped out tremendously for me. They do not cure you by any means but it does help.

its a good read :) hope I was helpful and remember that you are not alone.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use