I have been taking metadone through a clinic for approx the last 3 years and I have taken my last dose on Oct. 31 2006 which was 20 miligrams, however I have been on 98mils for the better part of the 3 years on this clinic. Today at 4:30pm I took 12 miligrams of Suboxone because I have been using heroin on a daily basis to stop from getting sick from the methadone. I did was I was told I took the suboxone 20 hours afterI shot the last bag of herion. Well, after two hours of waiting for this stuff to work, I only felt worse. When I took the Suboxone I was going through mild withdrawl. I had bad axiety, the watery eyes, yawing every 10 seconds, chills and hot flashes, ect, ect.....So I definately don't think I took it too early. I read and was told that you could successfully switch from the meth to the suboxone if you are on a stable dose of 30 mils of meth. The answers would like to know are this: Could it even be realistic to say that after 3 1/2 half weeks of my last dose of methadone I have 30 mils or more still lingering in my body? I thought methdone for the most part is a 30 day detox. Also could that be the reason why the Suboxone did not work? I also read and heard from fellow methadonians that they tried Suboxone and it didn't work for them either, but Subutex did. So what do I do here. I want to stop the heroin, but I really don't want the ball and chain of the methadone anymore. If anything the worse part of the methadone detox is over. Sorry for the thesis I just typed here but I am frustrated and confused and need some help on what I should do here. Thank you. I am looking forward to reading your reply.

quit doing drugs all together

Did you honestly say quit doing drugs all together? Obviously you're not an addict or have any idea what it's like to be one. This person went on here looking for serious advice and that's you're answer. The truth is the methadone was still in your system otherwise the suboxone would've taken affect. Seriously I was on the methadone for five years and it took a lot out of me I wouls continue with the sub for now and hopefully you can help yourself get of that in the near future. Sorry but people are sooo ignorant >;)

capo wrote:

GOOD ON YOU M8 DONT LISTEN TO THOSE ANTI SMACK ID***S THEY TAR US ALL WITH THE SAME BRUSH THEY DONT UNDERSTAND WE DONT ALL ROB OLD PEOPLE AND LETS NOT MENTION THE COKE THEY PUT UP THERE NOSE BUT THATS ALLRIGHT DONT LISTEN TO THESE I***S YOU KEEP IT UP M8 THE SUBS WILL WORK

capo wrote:

You should be in full WD when you take suboxen, otherwise it will send you into WD. It only takes the suboxen about 20 minutes to take affect if it's going to work like it's suppose to. So, I am assuming you took it too soon and it has sent you into WD. But, then again, I am an IV herion user too and suboxen DO NOT work for me at all. They worked perfect when I was on the oxy's and other pills, but the herion is whole different ball game. I haven't found one damn thing that helps with my herion WD's except for herion. As it is now, I am trying to find a methadone Dr so I can get off the herion and wean myself off the methadone. I know someone who did it successfully and I see this is as my last hope. Are you from Ohio? If so can we swap information through a private message? I know if one Dr who will help with suptex. It doesn't have the one ingrediant in it that causes the WD symptoms. I have never tried it, but I have been to the Dr who prescribes it. It is also a lot cheaper than the suboxone. Best of luck to you, I hope to hear back from you. I am desperate need of finding a methadone Dr and not a clinic that I have to go to once a day for a dose. I would hope to find a Dr who prescribes the actual pills so I don't have to commute on a daily basis because I have seizures as a result of my drug use (or so I think that is what brings them on)? pls contact me and hopefully we can try to help one another. I have been to a couple different rehabs and been on suboxone a few times so I know pretty much all the ins and outs of it. I have found that they do not help with herion addiction and WD. Respectfully, Valerie

ValerieAnn1218 wrote:

capo wrote:

Wow...just noticed all my typos....suboxone...etc....My bad....sorry! I am a firm believer that the subs do not help with herion WD....methadone, i don't know about but after reading your post, I'm scared and leary to go near it, then again, I know people who have successfully come off the methadone by weaning down and then stopping, There is always going to be the 2nd winds of WD, that is all mind over matter as bad as we hate to hear that because we know the symptoms all too well. Just know that when you do have this beat and you have the 2nd wind, it is nothing compared to the 1st and worst of the 1st actual WD. I wish you the best of luck. 12mg of subs is 1 1/2, so if you aren't and weren't feeling better within 15-30 minutes, chances are, they arent going to work for you either. Sorry to tell you that but I have wasted a lot of money with these sub Dr's and they just don't get the fact that it does not help with herion addicts, especially the IV users. I don't know about the snorters?

thats preatty normal I had subutex and when I switch from huge dose of morphine/ heroin that the bupronorphine working it's not full antagonist like methadone so you will withdrow from heroin if the dose was proper ;) but after few days the chiils max7 days man !

reduce the dose of heroin and then have some hard ass for few days of worse filling but it won't be the withdraw like normal cold turkey not even close little cold/flu like less than withdrow from codeine ehh

yes cos its that easy, u ignoramus!!!

I am almost six weeks pregnant,and my idiott doctor cut me from 12mil to 4 ,mil in five days...she just wrote me my last script for 16 four mil and that is supposed to last me two weeks...not.I m going to find a sub doc who will wean me the right way in my SECOND trimester when the risk of miscarriage lessons...my doc is a true m***n who only writes the subs for me and one other person..she has NO CLUE what she is doing..she wanted me to go methadone for the rest of my pregnancy even though it's a fact the baby will be born sick and addicted if I do that..

I am detoxed to 2mg of methadone is it safe to take a suboxone now?