I am in shock. Last Monday I was diagnosed with HIV acute infection. I don’t believe this is happening to me, I always listened stories about other people, but I never believed it will be me some day. Is there anyone else going through the same nightmare?

Hello. Unfortunately, I know how you feel. Five years ago, I found out that I had HIV infection, when I went to donate blood. I haven’t left my house for three months after that day, sitting and being desperate. Then I finally realized that every moment is precious, and I mustn’t waist any more time. Sickness and death are also parts of a life, and they shouldn’t be rejected. I know that HIV infection is a dangerous disease, but I will not surrender. I will fight it every day of my life. I don’t have any symptoms of HIV yet, but I’m scared every time I have fever and rash. I started a triple-combination antiretroviral therapy, and I won’t stop it until they find a better treatment. Don’t lose your hope, make it stronger then ever!

My heart goes out to you, and I too understand what it's like to be in shock after being diagnosed with something so serious. I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis at a young age. I know what it's like to wonder, "Why me...". And all those thoughts. But one thing I've learned for sure is that attitude does make a difference. :'( Best of luck. :-) In psychology I have learned about how when someone is first diagnosed with something serious, they go through the "Why me stage"...and then the acceptance stage, and then the feeling that they overcome anything. Unfortunately not everyone is the same, and some people get rebelious, and take out there anger on society and other people, which infact does not change anything. There are many medications for HIV, and people have lived many years with it! HIV is not just your problem, HIV is an epidemic, it is everyone's problem. Dont feel alone. 8)

I admire how strong you all are, I want to be that strong... I really do. Maybe I'm going through some phase where I'm trying gather every ounce of strength to be able to go and get an hiv test done. I know that would be the right thing to do but ... it's just hard knowing that that could be the turning point in your life. It could change my life forever.
I'm in this stage right now where I've realised that I've got a half decent chance of being diagnosed positive HIV.
If you all don't mind, can you all write to me saying how you all are doing now? I hope everyone is fighting this nasty disease to the best. I admire you all.. I really do.