ive had sex twice in my whole life. once was about 2 years ago and i never had any symptoms of any sti's so i decided i was clean. the person i had sex with also told me he was 100% so i believed him. i went to turkey last month and had sex with a turkish guy. i know there is a lot said about turkish men and how they are love rats etc but i didnt have proper sex with him after about 5 minutes i told him to stop because i didnt want to. ive been to my local gum for a test but im just so scared that i have hiv. the reason being i want to go to the usa to play soccer next year and if i had that i wouldnt be able to get a visa. im really scared can someone help? what are the chances of me having hiv?

Hi there, don't ever trust what someone says about their HIV status. It is up to you to protect yourself so be sure that every guy that you have sex with wears a condom! If they don't have one, tell them that you're not going to have sex with them. That is the only way to protect yourself. As for the comment on Turkish guys, I don't know how to respond to that. I hadn't ever heard anything about that, and I think they're pretty much the same as anyone when it comes to sex. What I think you should do is go and get an HIV test just to be sure of your status. You will need to get tested up to six months after this first encounter to be totally sure but it will be worth it, okay? And next time be safe! You will know your status if you are always praticing safe sex.

thanks for your help. i went to get on a few days ago now im just waiting and its the worst feeling in the world :| ive definitely learnt from my mistakes

Online videos teach how to stay HIV safe

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

dear,when its comes to hiv never ever take chances!!! its 1mnth ago incidence,so to confirm that u r negative get your self checkd at 3mnths and then 6mnths..
even if some one says or is sero negative for hiv even then he can have the infection,coz from the time of infection to devlopment of antibodies ther is gap of 6mnths and we basicaly detect the antibodies..and in this period people are INFECTIOUS, are you getting me?? so every time you have sex do use condom...
take care

thank you for you replies and i know i have definitely learnt from my silly mistakes, it wont ever happen again!! x

keep in touch dear and take care!!!!

hi, i got tested for HIV 3 weeks ago and im clean! im so happy, it will never happen again. thanks for your support the people who posted comments xx

wow thats a wonderfu news dear,m so happy for you...i hope you have learnd your lesson...take care :-D
keep in touch,we are always here to support you..

thanks for your support and help!! x

I just want to add that madhavi is really great and supportive. And worriedperson, no wonder you are thankful to him.
How are you doing now? Is everything over now?