Hi, I am 36 years old women and I am pregnant for the second time. Reason why am I writing is my first child which is autistic. I would like to know if there are chances for my second child to be autistic too. I am so depressed when I think about this so please if someone knows something more share it with me.

Hi, have recently read article about autistic children and their hereditary. However many physicians who are dealing with this topic told that there are little chances that second child may be autistic too. I am not sure but I think that possibility is from 5% to 10%. As you may see there are not big reasons to worry.

I have read that if you have a child with Autism then there is a 5%-10% chance of your next child to be on the autistic spectrum too.
I have also read that if a parent is on the Autistic spectrum, or both parents, then the chances are increased further by another 5%-15% depending if one or both parents are on the spectrum.