I am four months pregnant and I have been experiencing cramps for past couple of weeks. I have been to my doctor and he told me that this is normal. He actually told me that many pregnant women have cramps. I would like to know more about this. Thanks

It is true that many pregnant women experience cramping. Short-term itchiness in the belly is normal during pregnancy but severe cramping or pain never is. So, if you ever think hat your cramping has become sever, please don't hesitate to call your health care provider. If at some point you start to feel strong pain, especially if your pain doesn’t go away and if you also have cramps, bleeding from your vagina, fever, chills or discharge from your vagina go to your doctor right away. There are many different causes for mild itchiness or pain in the abdomen during the different stages of pregnancy. Some of them are implantation, stretching of ligaments, false labor etc. When you feel abdominal itchiness, sit down, try to relax and put your feet up. Resting should quickly relieve your symptoms. There are some other tips that can help you with your cramps and pain. You have to avoid quick changes in positions, avoid turning sharply at the waist. Walking, doing light housework, or changing position may help relieve gas pains. I hope that these tips will help you.

hey im pregnant also and been having cramps and pain but i think its from gas?? is it okay i dunno ???

hi im twelve weeks pregnant and i have been having back pain and stomach cramps,i also think mine is gas as it just feels like a mix between period pain and when u need to go to the loo, is that normal?

My obgyn told me cramps are usually related to ligaments stretching.. hope this helps!

hi i am 6 week pegnant and i also have cramps that feel like period camps it scares me as this is my first baby

Hi, I have a 1 year old, I remember when I was pregnant, it was very early in the pregnancy, I was having pretty bad cramps, felt like menstral cramps, its very normal, unless your having bleeding.

well it is normal hun, so don't worry. all it is, is stretching of the muscles...so it feels really similar to cramps. it's completely normal. :)

I am 5 weeks and I am feeling cramping also. But it is really dull and varies from side to side. I had a miscarriage about 6 months ago so I get really paranoid about this. The doctor told me thta it is very normal and to not worry. If something happens it is for the right reasons, but worrying about it isn'g going to help you or the baby. Just relax and enjoy this time.

I'm really confused, but every gut instinct tells me that I'm pregnant. I have been experiencing light headaches, that come and go like nothing, unlike any normal menstral headaches. I have been moody, snapping one second, laughing happy the next, and then crying in another. I have been really tired all the time. my breasts and my abdomen is tender to the touch. I also have a dull ache like I'm on my period but I'm not, I technically start my period tomorrow. I am very regular, on the 1st every month. Me and my boyfriend started having sex almost emidiately after my last period and then about a week and a half ago, I had cramping and a spot in my underwear. I've been waiting to finally conceive in what seems like forever. Is it possible? ^_^