My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for 5 months. My period is due at the begining of next week. Over the past couple days my abdominal has been bloated, and last night I experienced major gas pains. I am not certain if this is normal or a sign of early pregnancy. Does anyone have any advice?

My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for almost five years now, and we have had only one pregnancy which ended in miscarriage. A week ago today I had a positive ovulation test and finally had my first IUI. We dont know if it worked or not, but I have extremely tender nipples and heavy breasts, and I have been experiencing SEVERE gas pains and painful pulling sensations in the right and left sides of my lower abdominal quadrants..is this too early to be experiencing symptoms? Does anyone know if these are pregnancy symptoms?? I can't wait to find out!

I remember this stage of trying to conceive. At the beginning, it was just exciting. Then, as the months went by, I got nervous. 

We all know the early signs of pregnancy from a theoretical point of view — but it can be hard to reconcile what you've read about with what is actually going on in your body. And when you're really hoping for a pregnancy, every possible symptom of anything, including digestion, becomes a potential pregnancy symptom!

Abdominal bloating is definitely an early pregnancy sign. Gas isn't. I'd say that there is no way to tell whether you are pregnant or not yet, unless you take an early pregnancy test, which have their own downfalls because a negative doesn't necessarily mean you are not pregnant. 

My BTDT advice? Wait until you miss your period, then test. 

So - what's the verdict? Were either of you pregnant? I was led ot these posts because I was searching to see if anyone had similar symptoms. I have the same problem you've described.

I have the same symptoms you do too...but i cant find any answers either

I have the exact same symptoms. This week everyday about 3 oclock my stomach starts to feel bloated and then its just gassy all afternoon.

Hi

I had bloating and pulling sensations and i just found out i am pregnant. The gas feeling is because air is going in through your mouth thats what the doctor said. And the pulling sensation is my uterus growing

i'm also having the same sign is this pregnancy this will be my first i can't wait to take the test but it's still to early. Someone please let me know.

I have had the same gas pains and pulling in my abdomin for all 4 pregnancy's so far (two we lost) and i'm pregnant now (6 weeks) and having those symptoms.

i had a sterilization reversal 4 months ago, and this month i am experiencing a pulling sensation in lower abdomen, just wondered if any
one knew if this is a early pregnancy symptom? period not due for 4 days

It has been confirmed that I am almost 7 weeks pregnant. I have had all of these symptoms and my doctor has told me that they are all normal and common signs of early pregnancy. Not to worry!
Unless your cramps are severe and you experience bleeding, then you should contact you doctor or caregiver.

I've been very gassy as of late also. The left quadrant of my abdomen has this strange tingling sensation. This is a new symptom that just started a couple days ago. Also, my left nipple and aereola is a lot darker than my right one. Don't know what that's about but if anyone has any answers about this please help!!! My period is not due until another week.

Like the rest of you ladies i have had the same symptoms. ive gained about 2-3lb that i cant seem to shift even tho im eating healthy and going gym about twice a week. I had a laparoscopy on 31st had the expected vaginal bleed from the op and no period since. Had very slight spotting which lasted 1 day. Im getting pulling pains on the lower right of my abdomen. Ive done 3 test and all were negative. I knw that having a laprascopy can knock ur cycle but i have no missed 2 periods which doesnt seem right at all...

I just took a pregnancy test as I missed my period today and it was positive. I've had pulling pains on both the left and right sides of my lower abdomen for about a week now. I think this is normal as its the womb adjusting itself. I was pregnant once before and miscarried but the doctor said that the stomach aches and pains were normal. I fear it could also be period cramps though and the only true sign of pregnancy is a positive pregnancy test.

I am nearly 5 weeks pregnant and I am feeling very bloated with a lot of gas. My husband tells me this is not very lady like! But he is just the lucky one who doesn't need to physically go through all this!!!! I am also constipated which is so unlike me. Never mind, these are the things that happen for the joys of motherhood!