Hi, I wonder what are chances for my baby to have the same diseases as her parents did. I have pollen allergy and asthma. I am hypersensitive all my life. Could these conditions affect my child as well?

The immune system enables the body defend against many invaders like microbes and pollutants. But, if immune system is affected by some deficiency it will not serve it’s purpose. Viral and bacterial infections, chronic illness, or immune system illnesses all lead to dysfunction of immune system. Some diseases are inherited and these are the worst cases because they are genetically insufficient or have a dysfunction in some sort of immune cells or organs . If not the whole illness, sometimes is susceptibility to an illness inherited. Hereditary immune diseases are seen in early childhood, because a child can undergoes often infections and slows down development.