i am 21 and have been on birth control since i was 15... at two in the morning last night i believe i had an ovarium cyst rupture.... my mother said that is how she found out she was pregnant with my younger brother.... is this a sign that i am pregnant??? me and my boyfriend our very sexual active and both very healthy! although i am on birth control i still make him pull out... but about 60 hours ago he came inside of me for the first time...... please help i can not get any answers anywhere!!!!

Celebrity
Do you know you have cysts?
Why do you think one ruptured?
I have ovarian cycts too.

i have not been to a doctor so i do not know for sure but my mother and sister both have had them.... i woke with intense pain right around the area where my right ovary is.... my mother told me she is postive that is what it is.... my lower adomen has been very swolen and sore which is what i was expecting today.... i do not think my cysts were very big or i would have already gone and saw a doctor. probally the size of a penny or dime... my mother also told me it happens to females when there body is about ready to start making babies.... i am a nursing student so it all seems to check out okay

Wow- Either my doctors are retarded or your full of it (no offence) I'm just saying, I have a cyst on my right ovary so I've had the ultrasounds & all that good stuff & when you say "not very big..penny or dime size"...as far as my doctors are concerned thats umm pretty large...& also I'm sorry but if your cyst ruptured you would be in massive pain cause lemme tell ya...it hurts!

as far as the pregnant thing...I've never heard of a cyst rupture & then oops your pregnant....& 60 hours, I dont think thats even enough time to start feeling anything, thats only 2 1/2 days & it usually take a week for anything to start happening inside you.

yes i am very aware of all of that. but thanks for the reply. massive cysts would be one the size of a golf ball or orange... and yes i was in a massive amount of pain... and i am preety sure that is what happened.... but i am a broke college student who is busy paying for tuituion and rent. i can not offord to go to the doctor unless as my mother always referred to as blood guts or bones.... and yes i am very aware of the stages of pregancy.... i went to the walk in clinic at my university and they told me it was normal for females to have ruptured cysts espically when you do not take your birth control properly...ie me! i am sure your situation is more serious if you have several cyst.... probally being more painful as well which i can not imagine! because my pain was unbeareble!!!! does the doctor know what is causing your cyst????

cysts come and go I have had many over they years. They can be small dime size is small for me too..My largest one was the size of a orange.This one they had to scan with the ultra sound. I actually have had two missed periods after I felt one pop...Yes it is extremely painful when they do but ,they normaly shrink before they do.
.But I do not believe that it is a sign of pregnancy. I would wait for your flow then take a test.

i am only 19 and i was just at the doctors yesterday for extreme pain in my side...they went to look for a kidney stone and found a cyst instead...this is my second one....i have one on my right side that i have had for about 5 years now and just found one on my left...if they are suppossed to go away in like 8 weeks or so why do i still have mine? does anyone have an answer for me?

get checked for Cancer