what is the diet i nedd before my heart surgery. i need to lose some weight before i go under. thanks

First of all I am very sorry to hear that you must go through the heart surgery procedure. And I presume that your doctor told you to lose some weight because with healthy weight you are going to recover faster and easily. My father had heart surgery last year and this was what the doctor told him and he managed to lose some weight and I must say that he recovered really fast. But it wasn't easy because first of all you need to break the bad habits such as eating junk food late at night. So if this is something you are doing on a regularly basis you should stop now. Second and the most important is to calculate your normal weight based on your age, gender and height. Than calculate your daily calories intake and stick to it. It is recommended somewhere between 1,200 and 1,800 calories per day but this depends on your dietary goal. And exchange your junk food with healthy food and this means no more chocolate and sweets. Instead of that eat fresh fruits and vegetables few times a week. Some good diet advices can be found here.