Hello everyone. I am a new cat owner so I don’t really know much about cat care.Last week it was my birthday and since my friends know how much I love cats, they bought me a book about cat care and health.It was only a week ago but I already read the whole book. I love it. The only thing that I didn’t like is that it doesn’t say much about feeding habits and diets. It says much more about health and health problems that can occur.So, I’ve been meaning to ask you, what would be the healthiest protein diet for my cat?

Hello. 

As we all know, the right combination of proteins is essential for our cats’ health.  Proteins are important for their growth and development and they are also very important in structural make up. Not to mention their benefits for the immune system.

So when it comes to the diet, make sure the food you give her is rich in amino acids. You probably already know that every protein source contains different levels of amino acids.

My advice for you is to include eggs, fish and beef in her diet. That way you will be providing her high biological value in the food she eats.

Hey. It is nice that you have a cat. They are so adorable. I think that protein content is something that we all should put at the top of our list when we are talking about food. An ideal diet for a cat should have a bio appropriate protein content. A lot of toxic products that accumulate in the blood of our pets are a result of totally protein breakdown. So, this is why your cat needs foods that are full of proteins. I think that there are a lot of proteins in fish and eggs, so you really should consider to put this on your cat’s menu :)

There is one rule regarding cats’ nutrition. They are carnivores, just like their siblings, tigers and lions. They need to get their proteins from meat, so do not put her on any kind of vegetarian diet. It is hazardous to cat’s health.

I feed my cat with three types of meat: fish, lamb and chicken because I got info from several sources that these types of meat provide high-quality protein sources.

Like Mia said, the amino acids are essential to your cat’s health as they help her build lean muscle and omega-3 acids from fish meat help reducing risks of inflammation and arthritis. 

I have to agree with you on this – amino acids are great thing for cats, I know that my friend Sarah is always trying to have this in her cat’s food. This is definitely the nutrition that your cat needs. Basically, proteins are the basic building blocks in cells and they are essential for grow, repair, health. So, animal – based proteins such as lamb, turkey, egg, fish, and beef, chicken have complete amino acid that you cat needs. You can also find them in vegetables, but your cat should not be a vegetarian, remember this. I think that my friends feeds her cat with fish mostly. 

Hello all. I saw your discussion about cat protein diet so I wanted to take a part in it and stress how important proteins are for cats.

Everybody who wants his cat to be healthy and happy must incorporate proteins in cat’s everyday meals. Proteins contain very small dosages of calories so it is impossible for your cat to become fat if you are feeding her/him with foods that are good sources of proteins.

If you ask me, the best source of proteins for your cat is chicken, and to be more precise – chicken breasts. They are full of high quality proteins and they are also delicious so your cat will enjoy them.

Hello everyone. Definitely chicken and fish. This is the best thing that you can give your cat, it is full of proteins. This is true, proteins are really important for your cat, because she will grow, be health. There are so many things that protein diet can do for your cat.  This should be definitely on the top of the list when we are talking about protein diet for a cat. I know that almost every cat owner around me is feeding cat with fish and chicken. But, maybe you know more? What are the best proteins for your cat?

Any other protein suggestion? 

Hi, it’s me again. I didn’t have the access to my computer these days.

I read all of your suggestions. I agree with most of them. Proteins and acids are very important. I think that my cat’s diet will include mostly fish because I prepare it for myself ( I eat a lot of fish), and I can always put a side a few slices for my cat.

There is one more think that I wanted to ask you. What do you think about kibbles for allergic cats (veterinary diet food)?Are the proteins obtained from soya enough to satisfy my cat’s daily needs?

Hi guys.
I have recently read one article in some magazine about senior cats and protein intake. Apparently, some research has showed that high quality proteins can slow down aging process and also help to reduce muscle loss (which is very common in group of senior cats). The article also advised owners to focus on proteins quality, not quantity. Lack of proteins in senior cat’s meals can increase the risk of CKD (Chronic kidney disease) which apparently is also extremely common in older cats.
At the end of the article, authors suggested high quality protein shake that is very simple to prepare. Just mix can of tuna and chicken breast in a blender and blend for about 2 minutes.