Hello guys

My brother is following the Reverse diet since Monday. Some of his friends recommended him this diet because he started to feel really bad because of his body fat. I am a little confused with the concept of this diet because I see him eating stuff that in my opinion should be banned in every diet (he is eating foods like pizza and chicken wings).

Those foods that I see him eating are full of fat so I don't really understand how can this diet be helpful in weight loss.  Do you know anything about this diet? Are there any no-no foods when you follow it?

Hello Lillian_50

As you may know this diet is made for the athletes and sportists who have finished with some diet plan and now want to start eating normally. The concept of diet is scientifically based and proved. In order to get used to a normal way of eating you should slowly increase calorie intake every day.

Because of that I think that there are no forbidden foods per se. You should only try not to make big increases of calorie intakes from day to day. For example, your brother maybe did eat a slice of pizza but later that day he was eating just vegetables.

You are right Sam I am.

Your metabolism is at low level after a strict diet and strapping on the feedbag can lead to some serious fat gain in a short period of time. Reverse diet is a good way to avoid that and experience long term benefits.

As to your question about forbidden foods, Sam I_am is right again. There are no foods listed as “no-no in Reverse diet”. This diet is focused on the daily calorie intakes and not on the kinds of food you are eating for every meal.

On the other hand, some foods need to be avoided if you want eat healthy (not related to following any diet). It is recommended to avoid carbonated drinks, fast foods, processed foods, too many candies and so on.

Thank you very much guys. You really helped me to understand this diet. I must admit I was very confused at the beginning. After I read your posts I made some researches myself and I have found more information about the diet. I see all the people who are following it are very satisfied with the results. The most interesting fact about the reverse diet for me is that it is made for bodybuilders but people with weight problems are also using it. And they are all satisfied. This diet must be really good. Maybe even I will start following it to cut off my belly fat. :)