Hi, I want to know what kind of food should diabetics avoid? I know that bread, cakes, sugar, energy rich food should be avoided.

Hi, regulating diabetes means also to regulate blood pressure, obesity, and general lifestyle.
It has been suggested to consume foods that contain carbohydrates from whole grains, nuts, fruits, vegetables, Use low-fat milk. Diabetics should avoid saturated fats or animal fats, and trans fatty acids, which are present in margarines, pre-prepared foods, and fast foods. Olive oil i the best to use in cooking. Proteins should be provided from fish, soy, or poultry. Pork and beef should not be used. The Mediterranean diet rich in fish, olive oil, fruits and vegetables and wine is the best choice for regulation of circulatory system and prevention of atherosclerosis, which is one of consequences of diabetes.

Diabetes is really serious condition that doesn’t leave a place for mistakes. So you really need to pay good attention what you eat and not just what you eat, also how much you eat. Carbs should be limited to some minimum. I think I don’t have to tell you to stay away from sugar. White flour is definitely out of the question. Pasta, white potatoes and foods with high fat are of the limit. Has your doctor told you about any diets that you can use? He has to tell you what you can and can not eat. This is his responsibility.
And sweets like chocolate, muffins, cakes and similar should be avoided. This is an ongoing battle, unfortunately.