I've recently become one of "those" While going through the Sunday paper one day before grocery shopping there were a ton of coupons for stuff I had already planned on buying. So why pay full price? My husband makes fun of me and calls them "Jewpons". He is no longer allowed to shop with me.

When we used to get the Sunday paper, we ended up spending more than we would have if we'd have just been ignorant of all the 'great deals'.

Ignorance is bliss.

Jewpons? What a horrible term! Sounds like feminine products for Israelis.
Personally, I don't because I find that even WITH a coupon, the store brand is the better deal as a rule. But hey, if you got that kinda followthru to not forget them and take the time to cut them out at all...you go girl
Death before retail!

We clip coupons (and when I say that, I really mean my wife does). I guess the secret to not overspending is to only clip the coupons for things you would already be buying. Otherwise you just end up spending more than you intended and bought things you didn't want/need.

Occasionally it has inspired us to purchase a 'new' product to try out also. So I guess as an advertising gimmick, it does work.

I don't, but that's cause i'm lazy. Sandy clips some coupons. But, there is no reason not to, and you can save a good deal of money if you clip and use them. My mother pretty much won't buy anything if it isn't on sale, with a 50% coupon on double coupon day, but that's just her.

that can be true, but if you clip coupons for the things you would buy anyway, then compare prices on other products with and without coupons you can still come out ahead. I use splenda and yesteday there was a coupon for splenda in the paper, so I cut it out. I'd buy splenda regardless, so the coupon saves me some money.

:1:
I buy Morningstar Farms products and the coupons save me about $5/month.

I love Splenda. Buy it at Sams club though, 700 packets for $13. I think that's a pretty good deal myself, but even if it isn't, it still saves me from having to buy it very often. Lasts and lasts!
I don't generally cut coupons because I almost always shop at Sams where I save a ton of money anyway. I have cut my grocery bill in half at least.

yes

save lots of money too.

Yes. I save tons of money (though now that I eat less processed foods, I save less - someone should have coupons for meat, dairy, and produce). On groceries I used to save up to 75% - now it's more like 45%. It's like free money.

I put them in my pocket calendar until they expire then throw them away.

Last week it used a $3 Prilosec coupon that had NOT expired. When I got home I discovered the cashier didn't apply it so now I have neither the coupon or the $3.

bless the coupon clippers.

i'm not one.

you know what really pi$$es me off about coupons, is when they say save $1.00 on 4. I DON'T WANT 4. i want 1. screw the coupons. i can't be bothered. i want in and out of that hellhole as fast as possible. i know i'm a bad mom/wife for not doing it but i just can't be messin' with them.

A while ago I used a $1 coupon on a box of cereal I like. That was a good deal so the next weeks Sunday paper had what looked like the same coupon until you read it closely -- you had to buy 3 boxes to get the dollar off. Not so good.

:1: down with coupons

New grocery store, maybe? :shrug: