Hello all. I am planning to start following ITG diet. When I first heard of it, it reminded me of Ideal Protein diet ( which I also followed back in 2013). Based on proteins, healthy, not a low calorie diet and not too restrictive. I loved it. That is why I decided to see if it will help me lose my extra pounds. Since I don’t know a lot of people who followed this diet (actually I don’t know anyone), I would really appreciate it if the people who followed this diet plan could write their reviews here. Thank you a lot.

Hello. I followed it. I am really satisfied with it.

I had 180 pounds before I found out about this diet.  That is way too much pounds since I am not very tall, I’m an average.

I liked the ITG products. They weren’t so tasteful as the ‘real’ food, but they were tasteful enough for a diet food.

I had no side effects of the diet whatsoever. I lost about 30 pounds in a month. Which is amazing since I was not starving, I was not exercising every day. I really did not expect such good results.

Hope my answer is useful.

I have a review and it is not a good one! I hate this diet.

First of all, ITG products. Are they crazy?! You can find foods with exact same nutritional information for much less money. I couldn’t believe how expensive they were. I suppose the company hasn’t reduced the price till now. And this was back when I left my job so I really didn’t like the idea of wasting my money.

And still, I decided to do it, hoping the result will be great. But they weren’t. I lost 8 pounds in a month. I could lose that in a week with lots of exercises. 

Thanks to both of you. I actually thought it is not that expensive. I’ve been told I don’t need to pay for the coach and that I can order ITG products online.  But even if it is, I don’t care that much for the money. I would waste it anyway by following some unsuccessful diet plan.

I prefer to pay a lot for an effective diet plan, than pay less for a plan that will both be a waste of my money and time.

Thank you both again for your reviews. I appreciate it. If anyone else has any experiences, share.

Hi Mad_Hatter!
I actually am currently on the ITG Diet and have lost over 42lbs. in 14 weeks. My first week was a huge loss with 8 pounds, but I'm guessing a lot of that is water weight. Now I average between 2 to 2 1/2lbs. per week. The main thing is I have so much more energy then what I "thought" I had before. I like the fact that I can keep track of my food intake and measurements online and the coach is available if I need anything without having to go somewhere every week to weigh in. I'm getting ready to move into the next phase of the plan and don't really know much about it, so we'll see how it goes! Good luck on your weight loss research!

I've been on it since October 27th 2015. I lost 17 lbs. the first month. The food is,quality and comparatively better than a few others I've tried. It appears pricey to some but in reality it is less that Weight Watchers or Jenny Craig. The money spent with ITG Diet replaces money spent at the grocery store and fast food. And it is fast. I have met my goal and exceedingly happy with the support from the company. They are genuine and positive. I hope this helps.

$12 a day is not expensive.

Did you decide to try the ITG diet? I'm curious, too. Do you think it is a good program for long term weight management?

What are the prices of the food ?

The ITS foods will cost you an average of $75 a week. You will also need salad fixings and a week's serving of lean proteins from the grocery store.
The diet really does work. The program is very easy to follow and the results are fast. Definitely worth it, and so are you.

I have a friend who has been on this program for about 3 months and she is doing great. Lost tons of inches and about 20 pounds or more and feels great. I am going to look into it as well. I went on a program like this years ago called Diet Center. I think it is the same program. It was excellent. IDK for sure though.

I have been on the ITG diet for three weeks and have lost 22 pounds. I have not felt hungry at all and most of the supplement food they provide are good and adequate to dealing with hunger. So far so good! The one on one counseling is good also. Worth the effort and is providing better results than any other program I have tried.

Isn't it the same thing as Ideal Protein? The foods look so similar. My two cents is just whether or not you're the type of person that needs someone else to be accountable to in order to lose weight. If you can do it on your own, then buying online is great, but if you need someone to weigh-in in front of and to face each week, your better off with an Ideal Protein clinic. You can lose weight on both, it just depends on what you need to stick to it.

I did Ideal Protein before. They're changing a lot of their foods and they just don't taste good like they used to. Especially the Chocolate Soy Puffs and the premade shakes (vanilla and chocolate). The prices at my IP clinic went up to about $33 a box. When I Was in phase 4 and done with the diet, and I wanted a couple boxes of bars for some healthy snack choices, they said I could only buy them if I was on program. Well, forget that. I gained a few pounds back and went with ITG. No local office so they let me do the program online. I have a coach that I can email or call during the week for advice, and now I'm just aabout 10 pounds away from my goal again. ITG is really great, cheaper product, and best of all I don't get forced into a location. I know what I'm doing and this has really been great to find them online.

by the way I live in the Baton Rouge area. Hopefully ITG might see this and can open an office here one day soon so I can stop by anytime to pick up the snacks I want!