Hey everyone. I am trying to learn as much as I can about my dog, about his food, how to feed him right, how to treat him right. I feed him raw food, I found your recipes, but I have to say that this food is expensive. I was talking with some friends, and they told me to give up on this way of feeding my dog, because it is expensive and that is not worthy. You see, I don’t believe so, I think that this is the best way of feeding my dog. I need your opinion – can you tell me costs of raw dog food diet? 

I feed my dog with raw food, and it is a little bit expensive, but not that much. I mean, it is worthy and I don’t look on the price when I am feeding my dog. I just want him to be healthy. Now, it is true, a lot of pet owners would like to feed their dogs with raw food, but it is expensive, and they cannot afford it. You can spend even up to 150 dollars more per month if you are feeding your dog with raw food. So, you can try homemade raw food diet, and you will not spend so much money. Since you have a Boo, and that is really expensive dog, I don’t see why the food should be expensive for two of you – you know what I mean….

Yes, the fact is that a raw food is a little more expensive. But you need to keep in mind that your dog will be healthier in general if you feed him raw and you will save money you could otherwise spend on the veterinarian check-ups.

To cut some of the costs, you can do the following: buy whole chicken/rabbits or goat/lamb/cow parts from butcher shops; keep an eye on sales (but be careful); buy in bulk and get yourself an extra freezer for dog foods which will cut your costs. You can even try buying a meat that is a day old, because dogs can digest it without any problems. 

Hm…I am always on the “health” side, not on the “money” side. Yes, the raw dog food is a little bit expensive, but you should always think about how much this food is healthier for your dog. I don’t want to save my money if my dog is going to be healthy. Also, I am always trying to find fresh food for my dog from one older lady that lives on the village, because I do know how much those groceries are healthy. I believe that your dog is a little bit sensitive, so I think that the raw food is good choice for your Boo. 

Well raw dog food is way healthier than the food that you can find in those pet shops. Just pay attention to bacteria, you don’t want your dog to get them.

I personally feed my dog this way for about two years. I takes a bit more time for me to prepare food, but my dog loves it and I think it’s definitely worth the effort.

As for the costs, I think that you would spend the same amount of money for the raw food as you would for some quality dry food. So there’s no significant difference, apart from the time.

My lab has had problems with allergies ever since she was a puppy, and because of that I decided to start preparing raw food for her. It takes some extra time  because I need to go to buy fresh ingredients such as vegetables, eggs, fresh meat, cheese… but not much.

I also think  that the price is almost the same if we compare quality dry food with raw food of the same  quality.  

There is maybe a slight difference. Maybe raw food is a little bit more expensive, but the quality that you receive is worth the price. I'll always choose raw.

Hello everyone. I agree that you should pay attention of bacteria, because this is why raw food diet is controversial. But, I didn’t have any problem with it, because I am always on the side of raw food diet for my dog. Yes, it is a little bit expensive, but I don’t know anyone who choose other diet program before the raw diet program. I had a friend, she doesn’t have so much money, but she is feeding her dog with raw diet program because she knows that this is the right choice. Everyone has a choice, but I think that raw food is the right choice. 

I assure you that feeding dog with raw food isn’t more expensive than other kind of diets. Let’s take canned foods for the example. If you ask me, canned food is too pricey. The companies make that shiny packs and they write on the pack things like “Your dog will adore it” or “This food will become the favorite treat of your pet”. Those are all commercial tricks, believe me. I know everything about it.

Let me advice you. Don’t buy canned foods for your dog and feed him with raw food. Your dog will be happy and healthy and your wallet will be just the same as before.