? How much armour thyroid drug is it safe to take? I take 60mg daily.

HI there, what drug are you taking? I would like to help you but I don't know which drug you are taking. Do you happen to know what the chemical name is for it?

You need to have blood test to show how much thyroid your body needs and adjust it until the correct dosage is given. I take 135mg daily but that is due to an underactive thyroid.

Your question sort of concerns me. I hope you are not taking thyroid replacement on your own and without doctor supervision. My experience, 20 yrs worth, has been that too much thyroid will make you feel as bad as not enough.

Thanks for your reply, no I am not taking Armour thyroid on my own, a naturopathic doctor prescribed it for me, but when I started to get some undesirable symptoms, she told me to take 120mg every other day and 60mg on the other day, this made my heart do strange things and I felt quite lousy, so I cut back to 60mg daily and started to take Sam-e complete, this has done wonders for me and I now feel like a new woman, tons of energy, mentally focused and like my old self. Thanks for your input, regards Sue.