I have been on thyroid replacement (armour 120 mg and synthroid .50 mcg) for over three years. Recently, I have been having trouble with my blood pressure dropping down to very low levels (below 90/50) and twice have been taken to the ER. While admitted I was told I have a small nodule on my thyroid and that my TSH was being over corrected. Unfortunately, I cannot get into my Endo for another month yet. That trip the ER told me I was also folic acid anemic and I have been on 1 mg folic acid a day for over a month; but I don't feel much better as a result.

My questions are...
My body can't figure out if it wants to be hot or cold and sometimes my head and shoulders are hot, but my legs have goose-bumps and are chilled? This is really annoying. Could this be thyroid related?

Also, my blood pressure is still dropping out. Is this something that I should insist on having my appointment moved up? Could I be doing damage by not getting in to get this checked. (Yes...today my BP was 128/61 and fell to 96/52. (I am in pain because of 2 ruptured discs in my lower back. Back surgery is on hold until my endo can figure out why my BP is dropping down so low. Its almost like a catch 22.)

Thanks for your help...
POPKS

Hi:
If you don't get in to see the endocrinologist, I believe that your condition will snowball into a multitude of problems. I had a thyroidectomy one year ago. You cannot wait to see this doctor. If he is not advising you to find another specialist, I don't feel that he advising you well. Your thyroid gland is involved with most of the chemical processes that go on in your body. If you meds are wrong, YES, you can have long-time and life-threatening symptoms. There are many good endocrinologists out there. Please get to one immediately (today!). Good luck! Please get back to us with an update soon.