About 10 days after my surgery, I couldn't walk after sitting for any length of time. My knee would "give away" on me and I needed assistance in walking. Also, I experienced a sharp pain in the surgery area every time I had the "give away" sytom. Is this normal after this type of surgery? I'm beginning to think that 3 days and you're back to normal is not necessarily so.

Each surgery is unique, as is each recovery. I've had ACL replacements on both knees, and arthroscopic surgery 4 times. I found that recovery times varied, but that it is best to listen to your own body. Don't worry. Time heals all wounds (metaphorically and literally!). And let me know how you're doing.

my doctor has suggested this surgery. my question to you is, "why did you have to have 4 surgerys etc.? Is there any other alternatives that are more lasting and actually improve your quality of life??
I am 55 years old.
debbi