i just my acl done so how should i act should i put weight on it

I assume you mean you had ACL reconstruction. In order to answer your question you will need to provide more info. What kind of surgery did you have? What type of graft did you get?, Did you have meniscus repair?, etc. In the mean time, do what your surgeon told you to do. I assume he gave you post op instructions.

**edited by moderator**

It is very important to start exercising the leg as soon as you are out of the hospital. Of course in moderation, atropy is common right after having the surgery. pleaseeee start working out your leg because if you dont you will run the risk of tearing it again or even worse dislocating your patella. i cannot stress this enough i speak of experience work it out when the doctor clears you. it will hurt like hell but damit if you don't you are going to regret it. good luck and hopefully your recovery will be less then 9 mths.

p.s workouts
first few days try lifing your leg slowly if cast is remove slowly use your leg muscles rather then your arms.
3 weeks later try walking with crutches this still he healing time
2 mths join a gym or pt in a hospital light leg curls with no weight try to slowly squat remember your leg isn't heal yet so dont put to much weight on it

i had acl reconstructive surgery with a graft from my hamstring it's a long slow process getting back to full fittness just a case of being sensible and not doing to much to soon 2 years later im out running and playing a bit of football , i found one of the best ways to help stretch the acl after surgery was to walk backwards .

Are you taking any sort of supplements to strenghten those muscles.
It is very important to complement your diet with the right nutritional supplements so your leg recover faster and efficiently.

feel free to check our our website. We are specialized doctors www . topdoctorlabs . com. We present blogs and topics regarding your needs and you can get valuable information out of it!

Please also send us your questions as we want to be able to help you more directly!

I wish you the best and I hope it is going great! :-)

This is my e.mail:
***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use

I wish you luck! :)

i got a acl from a cadaver and it works great no pain, but i cant bend my leg except about 30 degrees, i was crushed between two car bumpers, my leg muscle hurts from the top of knee up, should i try to ride a stationary bike to stretch this out, and also what meds help the muscle cramping, i have tizanidine for my back, will that med help my leg relax?