hey, im gettin surgery also
An ACL repair... i need some advice on how much pain should i expect? is it really that bad ?

Yeah its painful for the first couple of weeks because the doctor wants ya to start pt couple of days after surgrey. I had mine done almost 3 years ago. Oh yeah if ya feel an piece of bone missing out of ya leg is cause they will use that to make an new acl and drill 2 holes into both bones and put an screws in to hold it in place and it depends of the doctor the surgrey should last 3 hours. But the pain shouldnt be that bad if ya take real easy for an month or so.

Hey.

I am 19 days post ACL surgery (hamstring). With my surgery im in a straight leg brace for six weeks after surgery. 7 days post surgery i was walking in minimal pain. 19 days and still having to wear the surgery stocking sucks but it helps to keep the swelling down. The first week is painful and after that your on the road to recovery. Listen to the doc.