I tore my ACL and fractured my knee cap from landing badly in December of '09. In February of '10, I had, what I was told, a successful surgery. However, after about a year of insanely painful physical therapy, my knee still does not straighten and the pain is unbearable. After returning to my doctor, he noticed I had scar tissue build up, so I went in again to have it taken out. Both times, I noticed, my leg was not set in the brace completely straight. I have a bone spur on the same leg, but I don't think the pain is related. It's been over a year and I still cannot run longer than half a mile without having to sit down and ice my knee. Does anyone know what is wrong with my knee? It's getting to the point where I can barely do anything without intense pain. (PS: Whenever I kneel, my knee makes a sound similar to crinkling paper and it pops or gives out quite often)

i think..u hv high level of uric acid...u hv sum problem of synovial fluid of knee joint

It is very possible but an excess amount of uric acid tends to form crystal like structures normally associated with gout. Also, synovial fluid between joint is found in andaround bursa sacks and it wouldn't be practical after ACL surgery. I've had the same surgery. Did your doctor say anything to you about torn cartilage in your knee? it sounds more like that than anything.

I am in the almost same situation. I tore my ACL and everything else in there and ended up with two surgeries later still having the pain. I injured it back in 2010. Doing really nothing athletic other than trying to lean over and unhook a hot wire fence between my legs as I was leaving the pasture with the horses.

I have went through all the rehab and was released after completion. Dr. released me and said it was solid in there when he examination. However, I can barely walk for any amount of distance other than in my house. If I sit for too long it about makes ya sick to try and stand due to the pain. My knee clicks and pops constantly and will at times give out and snap backwards. Even first thing in the morning after sleeping my first step you never know if it is going to be painful or not. I can guarantee the third one is when it starts to ache in the front and the back of my knee and I limp around the house. By evening I have to put it up on the couch and take some medication to stop the pain. Heat and Ice have helped but not gotten rid of the pain. I can't help but to wonder if there is more damage there now. There were a few falls here and there due to knee locking. I had to change careers and also started a new business where I can sit or stand as I please to get the work done. However, after a day at work it takes me at least three to recover enough where I don't have as much pain. My other knee has now started to ache badly since it is been working over time. I'm tired of pain medication and not being able to do normal things. I am only 38 and feel so depressed about my condition. I am over weight and don't know how to get it off because exercising is out of the question unless I want basically bed rest for the days after.

I can't go in the pasture because of uneven ground and can not ride because I can not pull myself up into the saddle due to the knee injury. I am stressed, mad, depressed and just plain angry. I have now had to file for disability just to get some financial assistance coming into the house. Not feeling like a real winner.