Hi, I am mother of 6 years old girl who is suffering from pulmonary asthma. As we are living in the big city she is very sensitive to pollution and some other agents like dust and smoke. From time to time she feels lack of air and shortening of breath when she gets cold. I would like to know something more and what would be good to do for my child.

Hi, my son also has asthma like your daughter. As you probably know inflammation is in the base of this disorder. Inflammation affects air ways in the lung and because of it makes them to constrict and to make bronchospasm. Fortunately this spasm is reversible and do react on bronchodilators. Also there are corticosteroids which may be inhaled and they lower inflammation of the affected airways. However it would be good to find some other place for living but polluted zones of big cities.