Hi, I am worried about my husband. He suffers from panic attacks for last couple of years. It wouldn’t be such a problem if he didn’t have a heart attack last week. His condition is better now, but his heart is still weak, and I’m afraid that some of his panic attacks could lead to death.

This is exactly what happened to my father-in-law. He was anxious for many years, and every time he had to confront more than two persons, he was getting dizzy and sweaty, and his heartbeat became faster. Once, when he was going back from work, there was a bunch of demonstrators on the street, and they were making a lot of noise. My father-in-law felt like he’s going to get a panic attack, but this time, it increased into the heart attack. Fortunately, he didn’t die, but it could happen. He is now on a strict diet and he started doing some mild exercises to improve his heart condition. He is now retired, and he tries to avoid any stressful situation. But I think that people with a healthy, strong heart cannot die from a panic attack.