Hello guys.

I am still trying to learn about dogs :) My little fluffy friend is just fine and he is growing up. I think that he is much better now after the shelter.

But today he is having a diarrhea. I don’t want to panic because I don’t think that this is serious.

I am learning what the best food for him is so I started to feed him with raw food.

Now I don’t know can raw food diet cause loose stool in dogs?

What do you think is a problem?

If you have any experience about this it would be nice to share with me :)

Tnx a lot!

Hello. Yes, raw food can cause loose stool in dogs. Especially if you are feeding your dog with bones, In this case bone should not be a large portion in the diet. You should feed the lowest amount of bone because in the other case it can cause loose stool in your dog. Remember, not every dog is the same. Some may require bone to say regular and to have normal stool but some of them may require less bone to have regular stool. Bone is really big part of dog’s diet but you need to be very careful. It can cause loose stool in dog.

Hey there.

Actually there are two different times that dog can have a diarrhea with raw foods. But causes are different.

If you switched your dog to the raw diet program, it can be really dramatic change – for every dog. They are probably used to eat dry, hard food and now raw food is shock for their organism.

Usually that lasts for a couple of days until your dog accepts the raw food.

So raw food can be a potential cause.

But there are other reasons and your dog’s stool may be soft because dog’s have some toxins in their systems.

Umm.. I don t think so. I have three dogs and I’ve had dogs ever since I was a child. My father always believed that raw food is one of the best feeding options for dogs. He always thought processed food is bad for both animals and humans, and just like he never bought food from the market for us (he always used organic food from my mother’s farm) , he also never wanted to give processed food to our dogs. Only raw vegetables and meat. And our dogs never had problems with loose stool. Not that I recall. And they ate raw  food every day.

This is why I don’t feed my dog with raw food.

I believe it is very possible that raw food caused your dog’s loose stool.
I mean, can you just imagine what would happen if somehow your dog ended up with bacteria from raw meat in his stomach. That could cause loose stool right?

Just to make this clear, first you decided to try feeding him with raw food and then he started having loose stool right?
If that’s the case, it must be it.

Or maybe it has nothing to do with bacteria, he just doesn’t respond to raw food well.

Hey. I hate to see so many people having a totally wrong idea of what raw feeding is and what it does to your dog’s health and digestive system. You won’t find a better feeding option than raw food. It’s a natural way of feeding for dogs.

I am not saying it isn’t possible that raw food caused loose stool, it is, but if that’s the case, you probably did something wrong. You can’t just start feeding your dog with raw food, you need to introduce raw food sources slowly, one by one, so that your dog can have time to adapt to the new way of feeding.

I don’t have a dog but I have several cats. This might be helpful for you and it might not, but I’ll share it anyway.

So, when my cats were kittens somebody suggested me to start with raw feeding diet. There was no special reason for that, no digestive problems in my cats whatsoever, but I’ve been told it’s a healthier alternative for them. So I decided to try it with all my cats.
I had three cats (kittens) back then and I can tell you that every one of them started reacting badly to raw diet. I did include several raw sources, both raw meat and vegetables, but I don’t think that that was the cause. They just weren’t reacting well to raw, that’s all.