Hey there. Last night I was watching some documentary with my husband. It was of course about heart and heart attacks. I don’t know, somehow I was always sure that heart attack is caused by stress, high blood pressure and things that we see in our ordinary life. But in that documentary doctors were talking about lot of different causes and in one moment they told the sentence – vulnerable plaque is the main cause of heart attacks.

I didn’t know this. This is a new information for me. Is this true?

What do you think?

Well, let's discuss... 

Good day there. I know that about this were a lot of different discussions. It is always something that we can discuss about. Vulnerable plaque is definitely one of the main causes of the heart attacks, but I am not sure that this is the main one. For many years doctors have thought that the main cause was the plaque buildup or even the fatty plaque within an artery that leads to your heart or your brain.

But very soon, doctors find out that vulnerable plaque is also one of the main reasons for the heart attack and that is causing three or four from 10 heart attacks.

Hey there. Definitely it is. I can tell you this from my own experience. I had three heart attacks. And all of those three heart attacks were caused by vulnerable plaque. My doctors told me about this when they were totally sure about this. I also have heard that they did a lot of different researches about this and they determine that this plaque is, if not the main, one of the biggest causes of heart attack. I believe that they will do some research about this again but so far this is the correct fact. So, you are totally right.

Hey. It is true. It is definitely the main cause of heart attack. The amazing thing is that a new blood test can accurately identify atherosclerotic plaque that is very vulnerable to rupture and it can also help you to stave off fatal cardiac events. That is really good thing because you can determine a lot of issues and dangers that can affect you. Yes, you can prevent it by regularly testing. That is the only way.

It was always a doubt what is the main cause but lately they did a lot of tests and it is true – the vulnerable plaque is the main cause of it.

I am guy who had four heart attacks. Since now I was not so sure what caused them. I am feeding properly, I am eating healthy, I am in sports my whole life and when the first heart attack happened to me, I didn't know why this happened. I was sure that this can't happen to someone who is taking a really good care about his life. But I was wrong. I don't think that you can treat this condition. You can do a lot of things to heal it, but you can't prevent it. Vulnerable plaque is something that can cause a lot of problems to anyone. This is the main cause for all my heart attacks.

When you mentioned this, I just remembered that my neighbor had problems with her heart. She was doing everything to prevent a heart attack, but it seems that what needs to happen it is going to happen. She died, unfortunately but she had really hard life as well. I remember that one day she told me that she found a fact that vulnerable plaque is very serious problem and that she is afraid that this will cost her a lot. Three months after this she had heart attack. It was very serious and she died. As you can see it is one of the worst causes of heart attack.