Hello, I have had blurry eye vision whenever I used to work long hours in front of the computer screen. I did not give it much significance because I thought that I had strained the eyes too much. Last week I went to see an ophthalmologist because my vision has drastically deteriorated. The doctor said that I have astigmatism, but that it can be corrected with a proper treatment. Because a friend of mine had astigmatism and had to under go a surgery I am worried that this is the only treatment for me too. Can astigmatism be corrected in any other way?

Hi, astigmatism is a name for irregularly shaped cornea, or in some cases irregularly shaped lens. The astigmatism causes vision problems. Blurry vision that you have been experiencing is a consequence of astigmatism. It seems that you have a small amount of astigmatism, because people with more serious form of astigmatism have headaches and blurry vision all the time. Surgery is not the only type of treatment. Because your condition is not very serious I am sure that your doctor will prescribe glasses or contact lenses to correct your astigmatism.