I am supposed to have an LASIK surgery but to me it sound invasive or I am wrong-so I'd like to hear if there is anything other than LASIK surgery? The thing is that my cornea has lost its natural shape and I am now about to have it redone so that lenses might fit in there. The fact is that I am afraid of LASIK surgery for I have recently heard that the LASIK surgery might involve some risks. So do you think I should undergo this surgery for it is not strictly recommended to me it is more like an option to fix my cornea shape.

There are some alternatives such as PRK surgery whose recovery period is immediate almost the same day you could get back to normal activities. Also except LASEK surgery you might discuss with your eye specialist about some other surgeries such as-Epi-Lasik, P-IOLs or RLE. You haven't mentioned how much your cornea is damaged –I had damaged cornea but of meld degree and I was advised to try with C-Kone contact lenses that had effectively reshape my cornea making my vision much better and so far I am very happy with these lenses but usually the regular approach is first to have LASIK surgery or similar after which your cornea is well shaped and the lenses could fit