Yesterday I went to opthamologist and he said that I had astigmatism. I will need to use bifocal contact lenses. I’m not happy because of it but what can I do. I just wondering what types of bifocals are there? Can somebody who uses them tell me that, please! Thanks!

There are three different types of bifocal contact lenses. The first bifocal contact lens contains two concentric circles. The second type is called aspheric lens. It makes the change between near and far more of a gradual aspect than a sudden one. Third type is called the translating bifocal lens. This type has distinct similarities to the bifocal glasses.

Hi there,
Well the good thing is that you already know what is wrong with you and your doctor gave you the solution for the problem as well. The fact is that the lenses will be able to prevent the condition for getting worse. Bifocals are usually prescribed for astigmatism. If I am not mistaking you have flat top bifocal lenses and round seg bifocal lenses. What did the doctor suggest that would be the best option for you to use? You should get this as soon as you can so your condition doesn’t progress any further. I hope that your vision will get better and that you will see better.

All the best,
Danella