After walking home last week, I noticed what I thought was a clogged pore on my inner thigh. I hadn't noticed it earlier in the day. Of course, I poked and squeezed it and the next day it had swollen to the size of a ping pong ball. It didn't hurt and so I applied a hot compress and the next day it became very sore. The lump is quite firm and very sensitive to the touch. Any advice on pain relief...ibuprofin is working ok but the relief doesn't last long. It is keeping me from walking around ad sleeping comfortably.

Do your thighs rub against each other when you walk? I don’t understand that it grew to be big. A ping pong ball size? Did you squeeze anything out of it?

I usually get these bumps in my groins or inner thighs. My cosmetician said that hairs tend to in grow if the skin is rubbing into something. I usually can’t find the hair because it is so deep. I poke but the only thing I manage to get out is a little bit of white stuff and only blood. Luckily, it hurts only when I press or pick but the pain usually subsides soon after.

They are usually red. What is your bump like…except that is big!!!??

I’ve been going through this topic on the forums and I learned that a skin conditioned called Molluscum Contagiosum also causes similar bumps but they usually show up in clusters. They are caused by a virus that can be spread through skin2skin contact or even using the same towels and clothes.

I am almost sure that my bumps are ingrown hairs because they always get so swollen after picking. If I don’t pick, the bump goes away on its own. If I do (which I usually do), it stays there for ages.

Try applying ice for the swelling and taking any of the NSAID’s like aspirin or naproxen to relieve inflammation and pain. Once when my bump got really big, I applied tomato slice for two nights and the swelling subsided.

hmm do u shave ur theighs .. cause i shave my theigh and i get saving bumps .. i har thats normal except i dont think its suppose to grow teh size of a ping pong ball ...