I am 55 years old male and was diagnosed high blood pressure last month. Doctor told me that it is caused by my weight, and gave me atorvastatin. He suggested me diet change and told me to visit him after a month, to give me new therapy. High blood pressure is usually in relation with atherosclerosis and heart disease. Atrovastatin is pretty uncomfortable to use, because I feel stomach pain and constipation or sometimes even diarrhea. How does it work against cholesterol in my blood?

Atorvastatin reduces amount of fatty substances in your blood. It slows production of cholesterol in your blood. You should restrict intake of food rich in lipids and white sugar. This is important for prevention of heart disease, even heart attack, as you said. Side effects you experience are common in atorvastatin therapy. If your symptoms become severe, you should visit your doctor.