Hello guys. I am diagnosed with Atherosclerosis. In case if you didn't know,  Atherosclerosis is a disease in which plaque builds up inside your arteries and a lot of people have this diagnose... Arteries are blood vessels that carry oxygen-rich blood to your heart and other parts of your body. Plaque are usually made up of fat, cholesterol, calcium, and other substances found in the blood. Over time, plaque hardens and narrows your arteries. This limits the flow of oxygen-rich blood to your organs and other parts of your body. But the thing that I really want to know are the types of it? Can you tell me also what are the risk factors? 

Good day there. Unfortunately, I hate because the exact cause of atherosclerosis isn't known. However, certain traits, conditions, or habits may raise your risk for the disease. These conditions are known as risk factors. And if you have a lot of those factors, you can develop Atherosclerosis. I see that you are already diagnosed with it, but I will tell you more about this. Major Risk Factors of this are unhealthy blood cholesterol levels or bad cholesterol. High blood pressure is also one of those factors. If you are a smoker, this also can't help you. Those are just a few things. 

Yes, I am diagnosed with it, but I still don't know with which type I am dealing with. I really hope that my doctor will tell me about this as soon as he can. The true is (I can't lie t you), I am a passionate smoker and I never have tried to quit it. I don't know now what to do. Can you tell me is this one of the reasons why I developed this issue in the first place? Because if it is I think that I am going to hate myself until the rest of my life. Is it dangerous?

Good morning everyone.

It is hard to tell what are the risk factors, what is the best treatment for you if you don’t know the type of Atherosclerosis. The types of lesions that constitute the histological classification are perceived as characteristic gradations or stages from initial minimal changes to lesions associated with clinical manifestations. The resulting classification reflects the temporal natural history of the disease. In some very  early stages of atherosclerosis the sequence is predictable, characteristic, and uniform. On the other hand, Atherosclerotic types are advanced by histology. In type IV lesions for example a dense accumulation of extracellular lipid occupies an extensive but well-defined region of the intima. I know this because my friend had it.