Hello, I am 53 years old female. Lately I’ve been suffering from pain which I can describe as a pressure in my bladder. In past two days I’ve noticed blood spots in my urine. I haven’t paid much attention, maybe the blood was there before, I am not sure about that. My daughter thinks that I have bladder stones. Is it possible that those stones are causing blood in urine and pressure that I feel?

People with bladder stones sometimes have no symptom, however, they will have difficulty in passing urine from their bladder, as the stone or stones tend to lodge in the narrow area between the bladder and the external urine passage, because Stones can block the flow of urine completely, causing painful overfilling of the bladder. They may cause minor or severe pain which may lead to an infection or bleeding. The urine may have blood clots or there may be just trace amounts of blood that only a chemical test or microscope can detect. In older men and women, stones are associated with poor emptying of the bladder when urinating, due to prostate overgrowth in men, or poor bladder pressure in women.