Can you tell me the name of the condition that occurs when an infant turns a blue color due to an immature vascular system but the baby's tongue remains pink and the condition is completely benign? Thanks!

I read about this but there was no name for the condition, it is only said "baby getting blue spots due to immature circulation".

Hi there,
This condition might be frightening for most parents. Blue skin means that underlying problem is in blood that has a blue cast, rather than pink color that should blood have when it is full of oxygen. There are few reasons that might cause this condition in your baby. First one is problem with the lung. If the lungs are not getting enough of oxygen then there will be no oxygen in your baby’s blood. Second one is that blood might be moving too slow if it is too sluggish and there for the blood of the skin is more blue rather than pinkish as is should be. I hope this helped you a bit.

All the best,
Danella