I'm not sure which category I be asking under, but everything else I have read on the internet screams Lymphoma cancer. Over the last 2 weeks I noticed bilateral swelling of my occipital lymph nodes. (Directly behind my ears, at my hairline) The "lumps" are spherical and tender. I have also experienced excessive scalp itching. I am a healthy 30 year old with a history of throuat infections & allergies. I can't get into my doctor for a week, and I am panicing about what is going on. Do these symptoms sound more like a fungal infection or cancer. Please shed some light on this for me, so I can prepare myself for my doctors visit.

I'm experiencing very similar swelling. My swelling has now just stayed in back of my ear though. It has spread to the front of the ear and down the neck as well. I have swelling behind both ears and also developed a lump just behind the right back edge of my jaw. Before these lumps behind the ear and jaw started I had a lump on the top of my head that was very itchy, the swelling from this also began spread down my forehead. I'm still trying to do research on it as I'm not one to go to the doctor unless I absolutely have to. Oh, and I'm 28 myself and healthy in every other way.

Oh, I wanted to ask another question. Are you finding that you are having soreness/pain in your back?

Yes, In my Left shoulder & shoulder blade. I went to the doctor, & he said it was over-reactive lymph nodes caused by some type of infection & gave me an antibotic. the swelling is going down, but the right node is still more swollen & the itching is still there. Its so bizarre!

It's interesting to find other people with simular experiences. I was mostly interested and concerned about my lumps behind my ear surfacing over the last couple of days but more concerned about the slight fevers I've been getting lately without explanation. I have a scaley bump on my head under my hair and several lumps down my spine. I didn't actually relize they were all related. I'm 26 and very health otherwise... if anyone knows about the immediacy required for the treatment I would appreaciate the information.

I'm 17, and I have 3 small lumps behind my right ear, along my hair line. They feel hard like a bone, and are a little sensative. I dont have itching or flakyness though. i only just discovered them yesterday, god knows how long they were there, but today im experiencing a pain in the middle of my back, along my spine (but im not sure if its related or if i slept in a weird position or something)

2 times over the last month I had unilateral swelling and tenderness behind my ear and occipital lobe. The occipital swelling is not hard like the nodes behind the ear. The first time it lasted a couple of days. Im nearly 34 yrs old; in great shape. I rarely drink and never use drugs.

%-)

For almost a year I had horrible back pain near my left shoulder blade that would only feel better temporarily by stretching it out and massaging it. Eventually symptoms (including fever and swollen glands) became bad enough that I went to the hospital and found out I had gallstones. (Calcified lipid buildup in my gallbladder)

Only then did I learn that this type of back pain is a very common indicator of gall or kidney stones.

I just discovered a rather large, tender lump behind my right ear.. Nothing else hurts on my body (except a pretty intense sunburn on my shoulders), but I've had dozens of tiny, itchy bumps appear all over my legs and feet.
I heard the swelling in the back of the head could possibly be because my body is trying to fight infection. Anyone know any other causes for the swelling, or has anyone else experienced itchy bumps in accordance with the swelling?

I have, over the last few days, developed a lump at the rear of the skul (i now Know to be the ociptal bone.... thanks google) which is very painful and is affecting my vision. I have had them before and they seem to disapear by themselves. I have been very tired of late, but I think this is possibly the cause of the lump rather than a symptom of it - I seem to find that these lumps come when I am run down and I tend to think they are a means of the bodies defences... catching minor infections which the body is fighting. Although painful I have not gone to my doctor or A&E as I will wait to see if they subside. Any advice or similar problems would be appreciated

Hi...
my son is also experiencing this.He started off with a bump like thing in the back of his head and severe itchyness and then a chain of lymph nodes at the bottom of the hair line and down his neck.
I've gotten so many different opinions. He had blood work and it showed possible lyme and recent mono exposure...so I go to a lyme specialist soon.I don't know if this is a result of the lyme of something else.
I original thought it was ringworm. because it began with itchyness is his scalp.
anyhow just wante to reply because it sounds alot like your case.
good luck.

hello, My boyfriend has several large bumps on the back of his head that are hard and sometimes painful, some will actually form into a puss filled bump and pop..his scalp itchess alot and when the bump pops it goes away and the hair regrows in that spot, he thought he had been bit by a spider but they keep coming back. he recently had a lymph node swell right behind his ear which goes away..the lymph node isnt painful so i suppose its healing the infection. He has no insurance so we cant see a physician. Im not sure if it is serious or not. He does sweat alot and has a lawn care business so it could be just oily sweat bumps but please help me!

I did some digging on web MD and elsewhere when this happened to my girlfriend. It seems the swelling of the Lymph Nodes is normally a sign that you are suffering from an infection of some kind. In my girlfriends case they apeared along the back of her neck at her hairline and then later on her neck. They did ask her about back or sholder pain as this can be a symptom of other issues. If you are experiancing this there may be a good chance your body is fighting infection. Only a trained medical professional can determine if you have or how severe any infection may be. Ironicly my girlfriend was finishing up on antibiodics when this started. The hospital proscribed stronger medication and some pain killers as it was giving her a massive headache preventing her from sleeping. Just remember you only get one body but money comes and goes.

I've had a few bumps popping up all over my head...one started quite small and is about an inch and a half in size now and the other three are small in the middle of my head and the largest one is about two inches away from my hairline on the left side of my head....I unfortunately have no time nor insurance to cover any doctors visits and everything i read says it's cancer.....the bumps are not itching nor are swollen nor red or tender. It feels like the largest one is quite hard inside. It went from the size of a tic tac to the size of half of a gumball from one of those gumball machines (the big ones!). I've been stressed and overwhelmed with alot but I'm more concerned even more so now because my vision has been really bad and I am constantly getting migraines (which I often got as a child). I just turned 26 years old, I used to be unhealthy but am currently losing weight after my Gallbladder was removed....I'm just wondering if it might be because of my Gall stones that i produced these bumps....Does anyone have any good ideas for websites and or a clinic I should go to in NYC?...or perhaps advice on further research...I'd like to know more about it and then take it to medical assistance....please email me if anyone might know what this is about..****
Thank you!

Ruthy

I know it's been a while since this thread was started, but years ago, I had what felt like inflammation in those glands behind my head and they felt almost itchy. After repeatedly going to the doctor for them and him telling me they were normal, he asked if I had a sore throat. I said I did not. He told me to call him back when I got a sore throat. The next morning I woke up with what I can only call the worst sore throat I have ever had in my life. As soon as I called him, he sent me to the hospital for a mono test and sure enough, it came back positive. That was about 6 years ago. Ever since then, whenever I am about to get sick, those lymph nodes on the back of my head get tender and "itchy." I asked my doctor about it and she said to consider myself lucky that I have an early warning sign of infection.

HI. i got some hard lump behind my ears and few down on the hair line (neck side). i have checked with my doctor he gave me some antibiotics for 15days.. After continuin with the medicines for a week i started havin fever and cold.. I'm getting headaches.. the ache starts from back of the neck.. due to which i'm not able to concrate on my studies. Any doctor or anybody plz help. i'm scared.. i got my final exams startin from next week. plz help sooon.