I’ve noticed swollen gland at the back of the head. It’s tender when touched. I also have headache and feel fatigue. Can it be just common infection? I’ve never had swollen glands on my head before.

Well, it may be symptom of common infection. Those glands are lymph nodes and they are swollen in bacterial, viral and parasitic infection. I always have swollen glands on my neck when my immunity decreases. You should do blood tests to be sure about the cause of you lymphadenitis.

Hello there,

Have you been sick lately? Swollen lymph nodes are usually sign that your body is fighting some type of infection and when they are around your head or neck this usually means that some throat infection or common cold is in question. First of all, if they are tender and swollen this means that your infection is going to be over soon and you can help your body to win this fight by increase intake of vitamins into your organism.

You can increase intake of fruits and even juices made from freshly squeezed fruits if your throat is sore. Although tea with honey is beneficial in more than one ways. If you don’t get better in a few days consult your doctor.