I have degenerative dics disease, and have constant chronic back pain, I am now FINALLY after almost 3 years, being reffered to a back clinic near where I live to see about some possible solutions for me. I am hoping after 3 years of massages, chiropractor appointments, acupuncture, 2 seperate rounds of physical therapy, and back injections, some permanent solution will finally be found!! I have also been on narcotics this entire 3 years and am so tired of all the bullshi* that comes with that! I am currently coming off Tramadol for the 3rd time in 6 months because I run through prescriptions too fast(because the pain gets too bad), but I'm so deathly afraid of asking for another refill too soon and my doctor deciding that I'm "absuing" my medication, that I just run out and go thru withdrawls over and over again. While Tramadol is nowhere near as bad as the withdrawls I went thru while on oxycontin, it's still terrible and I am so sick of going through this over and over again. This back problem has completely taken over my life and it started just after I turned 28!!  I wonder if life wouldnt be better without all these drugs... there would be more pain... but less bullshi*

Would love to hear back from someone who has gone thru a similar situation and made the decision to quit the painkillers!

Hi there, my name is Rachel i'm 26 and I finally admitted to myself and others on March 5 this year that I am a drug addict. I got hooked on narcotics for several reasons being for back pain tooth pain etc. I have been on them for almost 8 yrs. I have never gotten off them because I can't handle the withdrawls. I checked myself into detox on the 5th and started the suboxone treatment and did a 6 week outpatient program. Best thing I've ever done!! My life without having to take the pills is so much better I can't even describe it. Even if ur not a "drug addict" buying them off the streets or u really have ligitamet pain, if you have to take pills to feel normal or function everyday it's a problem. That's where I was. Had to take them just to feel normal, ran through my scripts really fast, etc. Not a life I EVER want to go back to!! I hope you can find a way to manage your pain and get off the poison it's the best thing u can do for yourself! I've been off them for almost 3 months now and it's the best thing!! If you have any questions or wanna talk feel free to message me!!

Thanks for the reply! Nice to hear a positive story! I think about trying to stay off painkillers, but I feel so depressed when I dont take them and I feel like I can't do anything because of all the back pain, and the narcotics make me feel better and have more stamina to do things, and it seems the painkillers are really the only thing the doctors are offering me that actually help with the pain!! So do you still suffer from back pain then?? I'm wondering how I would ever manage my 2 kids and normal day to day life with all that pain!:(  I am at max dose for the Tramadol prescription I've been taking the last year and me and my doctor have been discussing going back to something stronger, like the percocet or oxycontin i used to take but I was reluctant...I dont really want to go there again... but it's like I said, feels like thats all I really have.....

Thanks again 4 the reply:)

I am about to start weaning off Oxycontin. I dunno how I am going to do it, but it has to be done, we lost our drug benefits and cannot afford to pay $300 for a month supply! Can you tell me what suboxone is and how it worked to help with the withdrawal symptoms. I will be doing this at home , and not in a facility, at least so far. I have to talk to my doc about this. I don't think I should be at home without ANY sort of other medication to help, considering I just got diagnosed with high blood pressure on March 5. I will still need a med for pain, but it won't be oxycontin any more.

DUDE THE PAIN KILLERS ARE SUCKING THE LIFE OUT OF YOU,.GO SEE SOC SNOW IN NYC,BEFORE LIFE PASSES YOU BY ,BETTER PAIN THAN A JUNKIE