I have had 3 upper thoracic spine surgeries and have had a spinal fusion. long story short, i was fine until US Navy docs got ahold of me and adjusted my spine for allergies (still trying to figure that one out) and fractured my spine at the T3 level.
anyways, since 1998 I have been on various narcotics to control the pain and in 2000 began the Fentanyl patch thus creating a life of being physically addicted to narcotics. oh, I wish I could go back and change that decision. taking the pills as needed is so much better than being addicted to them of course.
I am a mom and want to get off the Methadone. I take 30mg a day. this takes the edge off my pain but I still have rough days. When pregnant I was able to wean down to 10mg a day but that was PAINFUL! the body aches, the leg pain, the vomiting, feelings of rage, kicking and thrashing around in bed because my legs hurt so bad, etc.
I am reading that I can go on Suboxone to help with this withdrawal process but eventually will have to go thru it all over again to get off of Suboxone?!? what is the point? Can anyone tell me the major benefits? it seems this way I have to go thru TWO withdrawal periods instead of just ONE.
arent there withdrawal cocktails out there too that can be taken? I tried that about 5 years ago with no luck but I am thinking maybe they have come up with something better and more effective? Anyone have success with a cocktail?
I am sick of being a slave to Methadone. I traveled out of the country and held tight to my child with one hand and just as tight to my Methadone so it would not get stolen and have me end up in the hospital in severe withdrawals! SICK! I have no emotional desire/addiction to this c**p. I hate taking pills. My body is obviously physically addicted after being on it for so many years to control my pain. The highest dose of Methadone I have ever been on was 50mg a day. When i tapered down to 10mg (so painful) my docs acted like I was on such a low dose it would be nothing for me to just quit at that point but I couldn't! It was torturous to me! I even saw double for three days. that really sucked.
any help, advice, words or wisdom, etc. please send my way!!!

when you reach 10 mg of methadone try coming down ONLY 1 mg a month, this seems like forever but you will suffer less, once you get below

5 mg you will feel lousy all the time (but not be in withdrawal). I got down to 3 mg then just quit, it was fairly bad and I am on day 6 now, the

brutal insomnia is the worst part of it. NEVER quit methadone at 10 mg (too high) and yes withdrawal from Suboxone is NO different or easier

than withdrawl from methadone, it will be bad, sorry, go as low as you possibly can before quitting

I wouldnt go on suboxen, and i def get of the methadone. I heard of krotom being a very good herbal substiute to help with the withdrawls!

It took me two weeks to feel better after taking subs for 4 years. I barely tapered down. My insurance quit paying and I couldn't afford the medicine. Let me tell you, the withdrawal sucked but it was no where near as bad as the withdraw from methadone.